Arizona-Phoenix

Heritage Square

I am thinking about booking the lath house at Heritage Square for my reception next year. I have taken a tour and it absolutely suits what our needs are... but I am feeling a bit hesitant. I am looking for any reviews or comments from people who have been to events there. Thanks so much in advance for any information.

Re: Heritage Square

• guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there for a wedding, but walked past it when they were going on. It's a great space and you'll get some excellent photographs there.  I think it's a good choice.
  • drphotodrphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have photographed around the property and attended events there, but, never as a client.  As a vendor or attendee everything seemed fine.

Sincerely,
    Corey Schwartz
    www.desertridgephotography.com
  • edited December 2011

My only thought was parking... down town can be tough.

On the city of PHX website for the Heritage Square events it states, "Garage parking rates for special events are $12 per car (no validation available & no in/out privileges, parking rates are subject to change without notice)"

Are there other options for parking?  I dont think that I would want my guests to pay for parking.  It would be awkward to word it on an invite as well. 

Just something to keep in mind.

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_heritage-square-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:611c829a-476d-45cd-a795-2343d2c9b8bcPost:0a80402e-30f2-4365-8e61-4ab062eb2341">Re: Heritage Square</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only thought was parking... down town can be tough. On the city of PHX website for the Heritage Square events it states, " Garage parking rates for special events are $12 per car (no validation available & no in/out privileges, parking rates are subject to change without notice)" Are there other options for parking?  I dont think that I would want my guests to pay for parking.  It would be awkward to word it on an invite as well.  Just something to keep in mind.
    Posted by lcarp203[/QUOTE]

Maybe things are different here in Arizona, but in Chicago, where I got married, paying $12 for parking would be considered an absolute bargain.  Anyone who attends an event in downtown Chicago expects to pay for parking, and most hotels charge twice that amount in the evenng.  Maybe you can negotiate a discounted rate for your guests.  If you love the facility, then I would not let the parking fees stop you.  Y
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's only one review on Wedding Wire, but it's probably worth a read:

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/lath-house-pavilion-phoenix/375b947bb5743fd9.html
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the venue, but as far as parking, I'm in the same situation. My venue is also in Downtown Phx. We are planning on reserving parking spaces in a parking garage across the street. I think they quoted me about $5-$10 per space.
    Photobucket
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing to throw out there, on Sundays in downtown Phoenix the streeet meter parking spaces are free. On Saturday, I'm not sure. They would definitely be free after 8pm.

Also, will a lot of your guests be at the hotels in the area? If they are, parking may not be an issue depending on the hotel.

I agree with MoFree, if you like the venue, I wouldn't let parking get in the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards