Nebraska
Options

Bridal party need help

How many bridesmaids and groomsmen are too many. My fiance and I have alot of very close friends and do not want to leave anyone out. Are 8 on each side too many? I tried to narrow down list but I cannot ask one friend and not the other. Input...suggestions???? 

Re: Bridal party need help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just looking at wedding pictures, and saw at least 3 different weddings that had 8 on each side :) I think its up to you. Is that who you want standing up there wtih you or who you feel obligated to have up there? I say the more the merrier! You are lucky to have that many close friends, not everyone can say that-make the most of it! Happy wedding planning!
    *lalaJessesgirl*
  • Options
    StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think 8 is too many! I am having 7 on each side because I was the same way I couldnt pick between friends and couldnt imagine not having them up there. I say go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lkjacobs9lkjacobs9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 8 two! It's your wedding, the only downside is the added cost for flowers!!
  • Options
    deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say it depends on the size of your wedding.  If you are having a very small wedding 8 on each side would be a lot but if you are having a average to big wedding I say it is wonderful, go with it!  Keep your budget in mind, that many bridesmaids/groomsmen is a huge expense.  (Flowers, gifts, transportation that will fit everyone, etc.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_bridal-party-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:1cfb6e30-2da1-4039-a413-dbab6fc85794Post:c54bfa42-8514-49b1-9522-4c07ad56f110">Re: Bridal party need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say it depends on the size of your wedding.  If you are having a very small wedding 8 on each side would be a lot but if you are having a average to big wedding I say it is wonderful, go with it!  Keep your budget in mind, that many bridesmaids/groomsmen is a huge expense.  (Flowers, gifts, transportation that will fit everyone, etc.)
    Posted by deb84[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

First Date: March 10, 2007
    Engaged: August 21, 2010
    Wedding: June 4, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definately think it's up to you!  Do what you really want... you'll be happy that you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's completely up to you. I've seen it go to both extremes. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tmvanhoutentmvanhouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is up to you completely!  I did the same thing.  I am having 7 - 3 family members and 4 close friends.  I am okay with it but every time I tell someone they make me feel like it is SO many.  I think we just need to enjoy that we have a lot of friends to include.  I say do it and then you have less stress on you about hurting people's feelings and you have included all the friends that you want to include.Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards