African American Weddings

what are you guys doing???

I know that besides planning and paying for a wedding... We all have LIFE GOING ON... and with christmas coming up..I started wondering what everyone is doing???

of course kids always are taken care of.... BUT... what are you guys doing for each other... are you still spending a lot on each other for gifts.. or are you using that money for your wedding??

Since our wedding is in Vegas.. I really want to make a scouting trip out there.. for taste testing and touring the ceremony and reception site... I am thinking of just making that trip our christmas gift for each other... two birds with one stone!!!!

what are you ladies doing... or are you just holding off until after christmas..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: what are you guys doing???

• we don't have any kids. I haven't decorated at all for.Christmas. I'm just not in the mood. I told him I just wanted gift cards for.Christmas to buy.clothes for.Vegas I just started working out with this trainer and I think I'm going to tell him that's what I.want for Christmas some more personal training sessions. We are getting everyone a Christmas card with one.of our e-photos in it. we are not going out to buy Christmas gifts this year or next year in Dec 2013 we to on our actual honeymoon cruise.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • that is a great idea... I completely understand that.. I am glad our kids are older kids.. 20 and 17
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided to not get gifts for each other, we will just use that money to pay off vendors. The kids are getting 1 gift TOGETHER (haha) from us, but the grandparents will get them gifts as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    we always say one or two gifts... But.. older kids mean that one present can cost as much as 5-6 gifts..lol

Being a parent.... never goes away...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me and FI decided to not do anything for each other as we are paying off vendors .

as for the boys who are 9 and almost 2.  The 9 yr old is getting a PSPvita and 2 games, cd player and a couple of outfits.

#2 9 yr old... he wants a wrestling belt and games for his PS3. So FI said he will get those things for him..im puttin sumthin' on it lol

2 yr old. he's getting a vaccum cleaner, sit n spin, and something to do with learning like a vtech e-reader or something of leap frog. His bday is 2days after XMAS and having a small bday party...whoo..thats enough aint it ?! lol
  • MrsBad.. thats more than enough.... I dont miss those days of lil kiddies... But you gotta take care of the kids... no question...

told FI my idea and he said... ok.. yeah paying for a trip to Vegas is more than me buying you a present.... he said I would rather buy you something for 500-600... I said... ummm when in all these years have you got me a christmas present worth 500.00... he standing there.. and says.. "let me think".. I said you can think all day long... Im gonna tell you, you have never done that...lmbo!!!!!

He said ok.. that's fine...lol... That was easy... Now I just have to find a great package price for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:0edd4d99-9df8-4394-b96c-2142e8840746Post:4d0fad70-b465-44a3-b7f5-d2302c51987a">Re: what are you guys doing???</a>:
    [QUOTE]MrsBad.. thats more than enough.... I dont miss those days of lil kiddies... But you gotta take care of the kids... no question... told FI my idea and he said... ok.. yeah paying for a trip to Vegas is more than me buying you a present.... he said I would rather buy you something for 500-600... I said... <strong>ummm when in all these years have you got me a christmas present worth 500.00.</strong>.. he standing there.. and says.. "let me think".. I said you can think all day long... Im gonna tell you, you have never done that...lmbo!!!!! He said ok.. that's fine...lol... That was easy... Now I just have to find a great package price for us.
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LMBO...girl..I can just imagine your face when you said that..lol..he probably was really thinking about it too..lol
    </div><div>
    </div><div>girl yes..I gotta take care of the kiddies ! sigh</div>
  • We are not doing anything for each other as far as gifts and save up for the wedding. I have been helping him clean his house, as he is in school. So that my gift, which helps him out alot. 

We will spent a bulk of time together as we both will be on break from work and school. Mostly spending time with his family, as we have not been with them in a long while. I am going to spend some time with my MOHs, celebrate my birthday (27 on Sat!!!), and treat myself to a Boyz II Men/Mint Condition concert with my girls in toe!

Like you, because we will visit his family and be in town where the wedding will be held, we are doing a tasting, visiting with our minister, looking into rehearsal dinner venues, planning with his sister on the FGs/RB clothing for the wedding, maybe going to listen to the band we selected, and starting to work with our coordinator (my cousin and see her new baby!). Most of this stuff is me alone not too intensive.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • @ nursing...We go to Vegas all the time and i get tons of emails for deals.. We usually stay at the Wynn and Palazzo.. So i have a few deals i could forward to you for hotels.. I'll start checking my email in case you want them..

As far as Christmas.. I'm hoping we take a mini trip somewhere.. . I'm dying not traveling and sacrificing. SMH.. Well Christmas eve makes one year for our engagement so i planned on making dinner reservations at Pier W, the restaurant we got engaged at and then for Christmas i have no idea and gifts. i really don't have an idea.. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0edd4d99-9df8-4394-b96c-2142e8840746Post:5feafbae-5cbd-4a37-a028-b01eaa0e95f0">Re: what are you guys doing???</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><em>We are not doing anything for each other as far as gifts and save up for the wedding. I have been helping him clean his house, as he is in school. So that my gift, which helps him out alot.  We will spent a bulk of time together as we both will be on break from work and school. Mostly spending time with his family, as we have not been with them in a long while. I am going to spend some time with my MOHs, celebrate my birthday (27 on Sat!!!), and treat myself to a Boyz II Men/Mint Condition concert with my girls in toe! Like you, because we will visit his family and be in town where the wedding will be held, we are doing a tasting, visiting with our minister, looking into rehearsal dinner venues, planning with his sister on the FGs/RB clothing for the wedding, maybe going to listen to the band we selected, and starting to work with our coordinator (my cousin and see her new baby!). Most of this stuff is me alone not too intensive.
    </em></strong>Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

ALL OF THIS.... GIRL... YOU SOUND BUSY... i got tired reading all that you are going to be doing...lol... your time is gonna FLY BY..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0edd4d99-9df8-4394-b96c-2142e8840746Post:8b3f708a-f8f8-4aae-895c-7bc6e55d7a3a">Re: what are you guys doing???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: what are you guys doing??? : LMBO...girl<strong><em>..I can just imagine your face when you said that..lol..he probably was really thinking about it too</em></strong>..lol girl yes..I gotta take care of the kiddies ! sigh
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

I probably looked exactly like you imagined...lol..

and yeah... he was really thinking and counting on his fingers.... tooo funny...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0edd4d99-9df8-4394-b96c-2142e8840746Post:f8421f6b-bced-4302-8fc0-25c022a92811">Re: what are you guys doing???</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ nursing...<strong><em>We go to Vegas all the time and i get tons of emails for deals.. We usually stay at the Wynn and Palazzo.. So i have a few deals i could forward to you for hotels.. I'll start checking my email in case you want them..</em></strong>

I would really appreciate that... <a href="mailto:nursing2u@live.com" rel="nofollow">nursing2u@live.com</a>

As far as Christmas.. I'm hoping we take a mini trip somewhere.. . I'm dying not traveling and sacrificing. SMH.. Well Christmas eve makes one year for our engagement so i planned on making dinner reservations at Pier W, the restaurant we got engaged at and then for Christmas i have no idea and gifts. i really don't have an idea.. 
    Posted by keysmit[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing gifts under $100. I'm getting FI volumes 1&2 of 30 for 30 and a couples massage. I'm also hoping we get tickets to the Chick Fil A Bowl on NYE. We've been the last 2 years, so this is sort of our tradition..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We limit our gift giving to no more than $100 a piece. Since I bought him a very expensive watch for his wedding gift,  I'm not getting him anything else for a while. His birthday is also a couple of days before Chirstmas and I am throwing him a surprise party. That's it for him this year. I told him the only thing I want is a foot massager from Brookstone LOL. I really have been blessed and really don't want anything.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Gotta Love Brookstone!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards