Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid jewelry help!

Hi everyone!  I need some advice re the jewelry my bridesmaid's will be wearing.  The groomsmen are wearing bold pink shirts and I want to make the bridesmaid's necklaces to match.  (They are wearing black dresses).  If I make necklaces I am not sure what to do about earrings?  I don't think that I am crafty enough to make them and I'm not sure what earrings would look good with pink necklaces.  Any ideas?

Re: Bridesmaid jewelry help!

• edited December 2011
    kohls.com
    etsy.com

Any of the dept stores such as Macy's, Dillards, etc should have nice but inexpensive costume type jewelry for them. But do keep in mind that you should try to shop for them like it is their birthday, something more personalized. It is fine to get them all earrings though, I would just suggest you get them something else as well.
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really nice that you want to make them necklaces and buy them earrings, but remember this shouldn't be their thank you gift. That's for them to wear to your wedding. When you think about their thank you gifts, you should shop for them like it's their birthday.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a Charming Charlie?  I know TX has a bunch of them. They have great jewlery for a low price.
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making everyone in the wedding jewelry, each has a pearl necklace or bracelet and earlings...matching to their choice.  As their gift, I am making each of them a stained glass jewelry box with their first initial on it.  They go togheter, but are each individualized. 
  • jegm168jegm168 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found fab stuff online at www.netaya.com My Mom told me about it because they have real stuff at a great price.  She and several of her friends have been buying each other things from there for years, so I checked it out and found a great deal.  I found a white sapphire & sterling silver necklace and earring set for my 4 bridesmaids for $75, including shipping!!!  That's less then anything else I had seen anywhere else and it's real jewelry!  It's a great site, and everyone should go look there!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4e02b62a-8a8b-469c-a0ee-cbcd08f788b2Post:a9431c24-2834-4236-a714-06c47596e1a9">Re: Bridesmaid jewelry help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a Charming Charlie?  I know TX has a bunch of them. They have great jewlery for a low price.
    Posted by mi19shelly[/QUOTE]

Love that place! I have to really be in the mood to search for what I'm looking for because that place can be really overwhelming!
  • missgarveymissgarvey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can, I did my shopping on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and found great deals.  I have 7 bridesmaids and I was able to get each of them vintage inspired pearl earrings and necklaces for $50.  Originally the set was $125.  It is classic jewelry that goes alogn with our vintage theme and they can wear it forever because its real pearls and diamonds.
  • Chasity17Chasity17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the exact same thing. My bridesmaids have black dresses and I am doing hot pink jewelry. I have had a hard time finding what I want though. I live in Missouri, and we have a "$1 Jewelry Galore" here, which is wall-to-walll $1 costume jewelry,which is the only place I was able to find mine. I couldn't find any earrings I liked though, so I went with some dangly silver earrings, which actually look pretty good together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards