May 2011 Weddings

I have Olympics tickets!

I bought them today.  They put up football (soccer) only today, our plan was to get the women's gold medal game and one men's team GB game.  Well they went on sale at 11am and neither me or H could get online as we were working.  My brother tried from the US, but your CC must match your address and it was only for people who live in Europe so it didn't work.  

By the time I got home from my half day there were 3 games left.  A women's GB v Brazil game, S Korea v Gabon (where the hell is that?), and women's quarter final.  I didn't know what to do and H wasn't text me back and then the website was really confusing.  So I went with women's GB v Brazil on H's 30th b-day.  

We will try for another sport when they go on sale again in a few weeks.  
Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bio

Re: I have Olympics tickets!

• YAY! that is awesome. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • That's so awesome, NCV!!!! 

Jay has a few friends in London who are being removed from their rented flat for the duration of the Olympics.  The owner of the building wants to rent to Olympic-related people for that time period.  I can't even imagine.

When are the Opening Ceremonies??
  • In Response to Re: I have Olympics tickets!:
    That's so awesome, NCV!!!!  Jay has a few friends in London who are being removed from their rented flat for the duration of the Olympics.  The owner of the building wants to rent to Olympic-related people for that time period.  I can't even imagine . When are the Opening Ceremonies??
    Posted by Joy2611
    I was worried about that TBH.  However I think for most people it really doesn't make sense.  You get more money for a few weeks, then what?  Your flat could sit for months with nothing.  Unless it's a killer flat which is going to bring in a TON of cash during the Olympics I don't think it's worth it for a landlord.  Our flat isn't for sure.  

Opening Cereminies are July 27th.  88 days!
    Bio
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    edited April 2012
    That is awesome NCV! So jealous! I would want to go to Beach Volleyball or Swimming. Sports wear men don't wear shirts always sounds yummy to me.

ETA: Or softball but the Olympics is stupid and took that sport away. After another country other than the USA when the Olympic Gold. Piss me off! The Olympics is like the World Series fro softball.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • The first time we applied for tickets we applied for :
    Swimming, diving, gymnastics, equestrian, track cycling, track and field, beach volleyball, and something else and we a big fat NOTHING.  
    Bio
  • That is sooo cool!  What fun to be part of all the excitement!

If you don't mind me asking, how much were tickets?  I could see them being relatively cheap but also super expensive.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yay! That's awesome! I thought for sure I would be living in London by the time the Olympics came around, but life hado ther plans for me. Take pics for us!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • The tickets for the first round in section B which is the second tier of tickets were £45 each, so about $74.  

We looked at tickets while I was in the US and the lowest price we could find was well over $150 and that was for handball.  Anything good started at $600, no joke.  
    When you buy them from the US site, which you have to if you are American, they add in surcharges which I think is redic!  

The lowest tier tickets for this game were £20.  These were sold out by the time I got to the site.

Bio
  • Those prices aren't actually as bad as what I was thinking so good for them.  Except for if you're a US citizen.  Holy cow!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: I have Olympics tickets!:
    Those prices aren't actually as bad as what I was thinking so good for them.  Except for if you're a US citizen.  Holy cow!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23
    Pretty much if you don't live in Europe they jack up the prices which I don't think is fair.  If you live in Europe you buy direct from the London Olympic committee, otherwise you buy from ticket agents which can add fees.  
    We bought for my brother and sister as well.  

That said there are more tickets in the US than here, we can't even get anything else at the moment.
    Bio
  • Sooo awesome!
    Anniversary
  • Nice! I hope you enjoy them!

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • That is so awesome! I'd love to be there, especially watching track and field! 

planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards