Military Brides
Options

RedCross Protocol?

My FI grandma died yesterday morning & with him currently deployed ,
i naturally sent up the red cross message . He called me as soon as he got it & said he would let me know the decision that was made . Its been about six hours . Does anyone know about how long it takes ?! The funeral is tomorrow morning & i know the flight over here is about eighteen hours . Its making me anxious .

IAmPregnant Ticker image

Re: RedCross Protocol?

• Options
    kass08kass08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately unless he lived with his grandmother for more than two years, or she was his legal guardian, chances are he won't be able to come home.  I'm not saying it's impossible but my leave was denied and that's the policy I was given. B/c I had never lived with my grandmother I could not come home.

BUT, if they do approve it, it will take a while, he has to get it approved, get all the leave forms signed and then they have to find him a flight out.  GL, I hope he ends up coming home!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you !

IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Options
    kass08kass08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome. And I'm sorry it's a shiity policy and I really hope he gets to come home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's not your fault in any way !
    But yes , it is very shitty .
    i hope he gets to come home too . but right now im not too hopeful ,
    he tour is almost over though ,
    so one of the sgts said if he does come back , he will be able to stay home for a few days then go back to bragg . which would be fine with me ,
    but i dont know how that will work out .

IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have had to do two red cross messages in the last few months and it takes a while. Even if it was approved he wouldn't make it hom ein time for the funeral. I know with a sick child (in the pediatric ICU) it still took about 4 to 5 days to get the soldier home. The second time (for a death of a parent) it took almost 2 weeks to get the soldier home.

Megan

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did he get home? :-)  *fingers crossed*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No , unfortunately . . they denied his leave .
    but theres only a few more months left in his deployment , so im just trying to focus on that !
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards