Destination Weddings Discussions

WOW! f/u to dyson

So I just got home and tried out the new dyson.  All I can say is OMG!  I knew our carpets were dirty.  It is old and we plan to replace it hopefully this fall but WOW!  I cannot believe how dirty they really were.  So either the old vaccum had run its course or it just sucked (obviously not literally haha) or both.

Besides actually looking clean now the carpet even feels cleaner and softer to walk on.  I'm not gonna lie the thought of spending close to $500.00 on a vaccum made my cringe a little but damn!  So far it is worth every penny.  I might actually vaccum more now too! 

Re: WOW! f/u to dyson

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wow-fu-dyson?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:14210aec-6784-492d-916e-957f2369bc4fPost:9fc681b2-20c3-4dd5-bd56-91fbc9790ebc">WOW! f/u to dyson</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I just got home and tried out the new dyson.  All I can say is OMG!  I knew our carpets were dirty.  It is old and we plan to replace it hopefully this fall but WOW!  I cannot believe how dirty they really were.  So either the old vaccum had run its course or<strong> it just sucked (obviously not literally haha) </strong>or both. Besides actually looking clean now the carpet even feels cleaner and softer to walk on.  I'm not gonna lie the thought of spending close to $500.00 on a vaccum made my cringe a little but damn!  So far it is worth every penny.  I might actually vaccum more now too! 
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! Nice.</div><div>
    </div><div>That's awesome! I'm glad you're loving it! I've never heard anyone regret buying a dyson.</div>
  • I read Kelly's post earlier about the vacuum and sent her this email:

i loved your post about the vacuum. totally get how exciting that is! our vacuum crapped out months ago and we'd been managing with a broom and crappy stick vacuum that does nothing. we have mostly wood but our bedroom rug was getting sketchy. we were reallllly hoping the vacuum would be one of the first things bought on our registry but we never got it.

on sunday morning, we were at bb&b as soon as they opened at 11 am, wedding cash in hand to buy the vacuum from our registry! i've vacuumed at least once a day since we got it lol! we ended up with the shark navigator lift-away. we just couldn't spring for the dyson but we tried them side by side and at least in store they worked the same.

END OF EMAIL

I feel the same way about my carpet once I emptied the canister....like, eww what was in there?!?! My carpet also feels a lot softer now too which I didn't expect either.

• In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wow-fu-dyson?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:14210aec-6784-492d-916e-957f2369bc4fPost:8e63ebd6-d329-49f6-bf64-882fcbe890ed">Re: WOW! f/u to dyson</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read Kelly's post earlier about the vacuum and sent her this email: i loved your post about the vacuum. totally get how exciting that is! our vacuum crapped out months ago and we'd been managing with a broom and crappy stick vacuum that does nothing. we have mostly wood but our bedroom rug was getting sketchy. we were reallllly hoping the vacuum would be one of the first things bought on our registry but we never got it.   on sunday morning, we were at bb&b as soon as they opened at 11 am, wedding cash in hand to buy the vacuum from our registry! i've vacuumed at least once a day since we got it lol! we ended up with the shark navigator lift-away. we just couldn't spring for the dyson but we tried them side by side and at least in store they worked the same. END OF EMAIL I feel the same way about my carpet once I emptied the canister....like, eww what was in there?!?! My carpet also feels a lot softer now too which I didn't expect either.  
    Posted by LolaPizzy[/QUOTE]

I want a dyson soo bad
  • You ladies are toooooo funny! You've totally inspired me to go use our 10% off target coupon on a new vaCuum though! And DH will definitely be appreciative if I vacuum more, I make that his one household chore ;0)
  • Yes!!! We bought a Dyson last year when we moved in together.  I couldn't see spending that much on a vacuum either, so I waited until someone I knew got the 30% off coupon at Kohl's and I used it to purchase the vacuum.  The Ball (which is the one we have) retails for $500 there so we got $150 off!  $350 for a Dyson-- yes please!  It made it a lot more worth it for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards