Illinois-Chicago

Giving props to my photographer!

I had looked for over 2 months for a photographer that  fit both my style and budget and booked Katie Toman Photography. My wedding was 2 weeks ago Saturday and she has already given me a teaser of some of my pictures. I have to say both me and my HUSBAND :) had fun taking the pictures. She was creative but also professional, overall I had to share that I highly reccommend her!
Her site was www.katietomanphotography.com

Re: Giving props to my photographer!

• edited December 2011
     Can you tell us more about your wedding?  Since you signed up today and this is your first post, it looks like you're a vendor.  Sorry.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually I signed up moreso to use "the nest" site but after looking here I noticed people were posting about the experience with their vendors. Deciding on my venue and photographer were my hardest decisions so I thought I would share my experience. My husband and I were married downtown and had the reception at the Omni Hotel, its just sad that you plan somehting for so long and then it's over, it was nice to talk about it again. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes.
  • edited December 2011
     No, you didn't step on any toes :)  Just giving you a heads up since there are vendors who come on here posing as brides and sometimes if it's your first post raving about a vendor, it comes off as suspicious.  I'm sure the girls here would love to hear more about your other vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_giving-props-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:90e8307a-0b14-4ed0-a8b0-f6f484357e68Post:10bca6db-50a1-4dd3-8384-0e5f7a625bcb">Re: Giving props to my photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE] No, you didn't step on any toes :)  Just giving you a heads up since there are vendors who come on here posing as brides and sometimes if it's your first post raving about a vendor, it comes off as suspicious.  I'm sure the girls here would love to hear more about your other vendors.
    Posted by TatiMarie[/QUOTE]

Yep, this!!!  I'd love to hear more about your vendors!  was your wedding in chicago?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, our wedding was downtown at the Omni Hotel. My husband and I are both from Milwaukee but met in Chicago while I was there on a shopping trip with my mom. The Omni did a fantastic job and the food was absolutly amazing, especially the hor'dovurs. I did go with a local vendor back home for both my photography as mentioned above and was happy she didn't charge a travel fee as well as my florist. My flowers were done by Gia Bella flowers in Burlington, WI (pic below). She did a fenomonal job and I received many compliments. And lastly I would also reccommend Paper & Plume if you need invitations, she is from Woodstock and was able to take my ideas and create beautiful save-the-date cards and invitations. I just wanted to plug my photographer because it seems as though that and the venue are the 2 big ticket items and it was my hardest decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards