Florida-South Florida

Venues

Hey Ladies! I'm newly engaged, getting married July 28, 2012. We are starting the wedding planning process and trying to find a venue that would accommodate a non-traditional cocktail reception. Please recommend any venues.  

Re: Venues

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What county are you looking in? How many people are planning on having?
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with Christina, let us know where you are looking and we can narrow it down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VaneMachinVaneMachin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We are thinking about having around 125 people, maybe in the Miami Beach area.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    More info please!

You can try the breakwater, but i think only 75 fit on their rooftop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VaneMachinVaneMachin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No buget as of now, but reasonable. I want a cocktail reception with high top tables, couches, coffee tables, etc. I want a lounge feel. For food, I would like to have stations (e.g. pasta, sushi, meat). I'm going to very non- traditional.
  • DawnPedersenDawnPedersen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Justins in Aventura? The Addison in Boca, Vizcaya, Biltmore. Spanish Monastery, The TIdes.
  • edited December 2011
    We have the same concept in mind for our wedding! Ive spoken with a few venues that seemed to disagree with having a cocktail reception for 125 guests. However, The Addison was very open and accomodating to it, and they have a stations menu. The only problem there is that it would run us about $120pp just for food which really isnt in our budget. However if you can afford that (and all of there numerous little fees) then I would definitely look into it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards