Connecticut

Should I be worried??

Okay- so last week we went and met with a DJ. We liked him and he fit into our budget (actually came in under budget) so I emailed him and asked him to send a contract. Keep in mind the DJ and I exchanged a few emails with the details of my wedding, we talked on the phone once, and met in person.

I just received the contract in the mail yesterday. He had the wrong date filled out for our wedding (9/13/11 instead of 9/3/11) as well as the wrong venue filled out. And in his notes he had written that we need a mic for the ceremony (which we don't and never asked for).

I am now seriously questioning whether or not to go with him. These are big details he got wrong, and I'm worried that this is a sign of things to come. Do you guys think I may be over-reacting?

Re: Should I be worried??

• edited December 2011
    I would email him so you have it in writing and say on the contract there is some incorrect information and you want to confirm the details to make sure he had everything correct going forward. It just shows youre keeping track of everything and points out nicely that he got it wrong. Good Luck. Oh, and I just checked in with my vendors throughout the year to do mini confirmations and make any necessary changes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_should-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:949d1a18-c793-4a70-89ea-45dcc9c5d8c0Post:40c66175-f48a-418f-b78a-c78639c15ca7">Re: Should I be worried??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would email him so you have it in writing and say on the contract there is some incorrect information and you want to confirm the details to make sure he had everything correct going forward. It just shows youre keeping track of everything and points out nicely that he got it wrong. Good Luck. Oh, and I just checked in with my vendors throughout the year to do mini confirmations and make any necessary changes. 
    Posted by krys810[/QUOTE]

This.
    Yeah you're overreacting just a little bit, but it's understandable.  Just go through all your contracts very thoroughly and make sure everything is accurate, and you'll be fine.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ehhh I would freak too--but I am a DJ W*ore!!! LOL

Just send an email with the correct specifics!!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I don't think you're overreacting and it is important to have all the information correct.  If he can't be paying attention to the details then I'd question his ability on the day-of.  It may sound picky but you want to make sure you have nothing to worry about on the day-of.  Ask him to correct it and make sure to have all the info correct the second time. 

Is there any way you can meet with him in person?  I am a strong believer of meeting the vendor in person especially when it comes to signing the contract because if there are any issues you can all resolve right there and then.

• kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses. I contacted him and he apologized. He said all the info was correct in his computer system, but when he went to fill in the contract he just messed up. He is re-sending a corrected contract. I think I'm going to let this slide (nobody is perfect) and just be good about keeping in contact with him throughout the process (which I'd probably do anyway). Thanks again for your opinions!!
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_should-worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:949d1a18-c793-4a70-89ea-45dcc9c5d8c0Post:f202f2e6-0594-4e01-95d6-d319fb86c429">Re: Should I be worried??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the responses. I contacted him and he apologized. He said all the info was correct in his computer system, but when he went to fill in the contract he just messed up. He is re-sending a corrected contract. I think I'm going to let this slide (nobody is perfect) and just be good about keeping in contact with him throughout the process (which I'd probably do anyway). Thanks again for your opinions!!
    Posted by kate212[/QUOTE]

Great!  As long as he recognizes it that's all it matters :)  Having a lot of clients must have clicked on the wrong name :D Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards