Christian Weddings
Options

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

Getting this one up a little earlier today. :)
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: 30 Day Challenge - Day 2

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is my little sister. I'm the one driving with my head turned away from the camera...we're 22 months apart but we look nothing alike, have completely different interests and personalities. We've been through a lot of family crap together and she's definitely the person I've been closest to the longest. Hard to beat somebody you've been around you're whole life.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I haven't had a lot of friends over the years, so I'm posting a picture of me and my parents. I love them more than anything and now that I'm an adult they are truly my "best friends"
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I have been closest to my sisters for the longest.  The one on the left is closest to my age but we have not been in as close a relationship for the last 15 years as my younger sister and I have been.  We love doing kissing sandwiches (that's what we call it when one sister gets on each side and kisses the cheek).  

Since we are all pretty close, I was MOH for older sis, older sis was MOH for younger sis and younger sis was my MOH.  That way we each got to stand up for and sign the marriage license of one of our sisters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is my cousin and I after getting our hair and makeup done for her wedding last spring. We've known each other and been close ever since she was born (we're 2 years apart).
  • Options
    Tough one - probably one of my best friends, Jami.  We're not as close anymore - but used to be like two peas in a pod.  :)

I miss her.  :(

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This one is kind of a tie, because one I have become super close with since the end of high school, and one since way before that, in middle school.

First, my best friend in the entire world, Daniel;

He and I have gone through so much together throughout school,and still have remained the best of friends after all of it. The show Will & Grace-- I swear that could be us. He is also the person that introduced FI and I, so I give him a little credit there too. :) He is going to be my 'man of honor' because I couldn't pick a better person for that role.

And my mom and I have been best friends since the end of high school, so I need to pick her too, since technically she's also been there for me forever ;) :

My mom is the one on the left, I'm in the middle, my aunt is on the right. My mom is so amazing and she is there for me whenever I need her. I honestly would rather hang out with her than most of my friends, when given the choice. She always, always is right when she gives me advice, which I couldn't be more thankful for!
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

My grandparents on dad's side.  they were the only people my brothers and I would stay with overnight, even though we lived an hour away from them until I was 9.  We spent school breaks at their house,  they made sure we were in church and paying attention every Sunday we were with them, quizzing us on the sermon and our Sunday School lesson on the way home. 

Granddaddy died when I was 15 of Mesothelioma, just 5 months after he was diagnosed.  We had lost my 8 year old cousin to muscular dystrophy 2 years before, but his was the first death that, although we knew it was coming, came too quick.  Granddaddy taught me how to fish and took me almost every day during the summer.  We were buddies, and as the wedding gets closer, all the emotions of realizing he's not here for this are just pouring in.

Grandma is one of the strongest women I know.  She and Granddaddy built a realty company, and she has been running it since his death.  She taught me how to cook, how to sew, and just how to live life.

• Options
    Oh yes, I'd have to agree with my grandma being one, if not tied for first:

From top left to bottom right:
    Sister's DH, Mom, FI, Sister, Grandma, Me

She's my world, my favorite, and I don't know what I'll do without her.  She's patient, adorable, and the sweetest thing ever - but has alzheimer's and it's taking it's toll.  We're praying she has a good day for my wedding!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Emily, I can totally relate on the grandparents thing. My mom's mom and stepdad raised me from the time I was 8 until I moved away for school and I don't know where I'd be without them. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me with my best friend and matron of honor Shannon (on the right). We met in college and were roommates for four years after that.
  • Options
    echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im caught up!!

me and my sisters! this is me (on the left) and my 2 younger sisters. I have 2 older as well but dont have a pic of all of us on the computer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards