Georgia-Atlanta

Small Venue, affordable, flexible

Hi We are looking for a outdoor/indoor( if it rains) venue in or near Atlanta GA. Problem is SOOOO many restrictions!! either we cant choose our own caterer or music off by 10pm or no this,  no that, Our budget for total wedding is $10,000. I would like a "backyard" wedding theme with good but "new" southern foods, caterer around $3500, venue that will allow our  own DJ, own alcohol and gives 8 hour window. A venue that if it rains we have options, wedding date Oct 6 2012. We want something metro Atlanta, not mountains or too far south. The wedding is small, 75 or less. PLEASE HELP!!! The historic sites are very restrictive, trendy sites over-priced, and plantations offer little or no catering options.. Thanks for all your ideas!

Re: Small Venue, affordable, flexible

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into some neighborhoods/ country clubs? If you or any of your family are members or even just know someone who is, you may be able to get the basic rate or pay a slight up charge for not being a member. Our venue, a country club, seemed pretty desperate for our business (probably due to the location and this economy) and didn't make a big deal out of it. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try Wimbish House in Midtown.  I'm not entirely sure it fits what you are looking for, but you can book it for the whole day and bring in all of your own alcohol, have it catered by anyone, and have your own DJ.  I don't think that there is an outdoor area to get married in though.  Also, Cator Woolford Gardens.  I think you can bring in your own alcohol there too, and it is beautiful!  HTH!
  • jpatl67jpatl67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center? http://www.thecontemporary.org/event-rental/  You may have to check with them in terms of if they can accommodate an 8-hour window. But you can use any caterer and bring your own alcohol. It's an alternative and very industrial space but different from those traditional rental hall facilities. 
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Trolley Barn. It is $3900 to rent on a Saturday, but you can bring in your own catering and alcohol. It's a big open space, and has a beautiful patio where you can do your ceremony or cocktail hour.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Peach Brandy Cottage in Dawsonville. Your budget would work there. And they have a big garden, a gazebo overlooking a lake, and Southern Comfort food that is really good. They also let you rent the venue and bring in your own caterer if that works better for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards