Missouri-St Louis

Need ideas for a small, intimate inside wedding ceremony location. Please help!

We've been engaged since October of 2011, and so as you can imagine, I've looked everywhere! We're open to the idea of a church, but both the FI and I would like something modern, preferably non denominational as we are both different religions, and somewhere that hopefully won't make us become members, as we will not live in St. Louis after the wedding. 

As of right now, the wedding will be in August, so obviously it will be hot, so I'm needing somewhere indoors. We will have about 50-60 people. Our budget for the ceremony location is definitely $500 or less, preferably way less.

Hopefully I can get some ideas. I've been all over these boards, researching for over a year. We already have our reception location, which will be The Vine on Main Street St. Charles, but we do not know if they can also do our ceremony.

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

Re: Need ideas for a small, intimate inside wedding ceremony location. Please help!

• I hear there's a super cute gazebo cheap in st Charles I forgot the name exactly but might be worth a check I think it's downtown st Charles?
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear there's a super cute gazebo cheap in st Charles I forgot the name exactly but might be worth a check I think it's downtown st Charles?
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I know where you're talking about, but I believe it's outside. Really, really needing inside.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Are you looking in St. Louis or St. Charles?

• Ro041Ro041 member
    edited March 2013
    We are members of an Episcopal church in St. Louis Hills that I don't think you have to be a member of to have a wedding at.  But, that would be like a 40 minute drive for your guests, so I don't think that would be the best option.  

Trinity Episcopal Church is in St. Charles.  You may want to contact them.  Hope that helps!

ETA;  I am not sure how progressive Trinity is, but my Episcopal church is very accepting, and we have multiple openly gay members and couples at the church.  I LOVE it.

• I'm finding with churches there's like a 1000 or so dollar fee. Ridiculous!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_need-ideas-for-a-small-intimate-wedding-ceremony-location-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:69e9fc7f-f149-41a2-8027-8cd80651f6c4Post:a25095bd-e90c-47b8-8647-e7a5ef3059a8">Re: Need ideas for a small, intimate inside wedding ceremony location. Please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm finding with churches there's like a 1000 or so dollar fee. Ridiculous!
    Posted by cardhousedreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow.  That is insane.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_need-ideas-for-a-small-intimate-wedding-ceremony-location-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:69e9fc7f-f149-41a2-8027-8cd80651f6c4Post:7330e017-a67d-4360-8c98-3ffcf1042a77">Re: Need ideas for a small, intimate inside wedding ceremony location. Please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need ideas for a small, intimate inside wedding ceremony location. Please help! : Wow.  That is insane.
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

Eh.... not that unusual. Shrine of St. Joseph was $1500 (but they could do Saturday evening weddings which is almost unheard of in Catholic churches)

Does it have to be a church? I want to say that Magic Chef Mansion at least <em>used </em>to be $500 an hour but they might have a minimum number of hours. They have a gazebo so if the weather was nice you could have it out there, and if it wasn't it could be inside (though seating would need to be creative, and you'd need to get chairs. They really probably do have a minimum number of hours though.

Any chance at all your wedding is Friday afternoon? Piper Palm House is $600 for a 2-4pm ceremony on Fridays and it's a very neat space (though a little over your budget and probably not in your timeline... and hopefully the AC is powerful with all that greenhouse effect)

Again, a little over your budget, and not a church, but there's a <em>chance </em>you could get a discount at The Jewel Box for $600 (though, I've never been so I have no idea if they have a cooling system).

Sorry I probably wasn't very helpful...
  • I think I may have actually found somewhere for both the ceremony and reception. It's called The Rustic Goat. It's a restaurant that opened about 5 months ago, and it's really neat looking inside. If anyone wants any information, let me know
  • We looked at Universty City Hall.  It was a neat space with two options, the 5th floor with can hold 200 and the 1st and 2nd floor which can hold 80.  I believe the 5th floor was 500 for for hours and the 1st and 2nd floor was 300.  Its a circular building with stone/marble and a large stair case cascading from the first and second floor.  We were going to go with this place until the guest list got too big and we realized it would not work for us.  It would be perfect for a small cermony.  Email Deanna Townson at dtownson@ucitymo.org.  Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards