Missouri-Kansas City

Bridal gowns on a budget.

Hey there. I'm getting ready to go gown shopping, but am buying the dress myself and wanted to know where I can find a dress under 1000. I know Davids bridal is fairly low priced, but wanted a few more options. If anyone can give me some ideas that would be amazing! Thanks!!

Re: Bridal gowns on a budget.

• I just started dress shopping yesterday (paying myself too) and have pretty much the same budget.  I know David's Bridal doesn't always get the warmest reviews, but my expierience at the one on Barry Rd in North KC yesterday was  great.  I then went to Group USA in Olathe.  Their dresses seemed to range from $499-$899, with most around $550-ish on average, with some on clearance for $99-$299.  I went there because I saw a reccomendation for them saying they had affordable dresses and I saw some dresses online in my price range.  They didn't have what I wanted.   I figured those two stores were the most budget friendly?  So I started there.  Ive seen a lot of recomedations for Mia's, Ida's, Rosies tuxedo &formal and Gown Gallery.   I'm gonna try some of those places hopefully this weekend.  I'll post back anything worth mentioning.  Good luck!
  • I would go to Group USA as well, they didn't have a huge selection but at least one in almost every style.  My vendor was Gown Gallery and I acutually have had a good experience there.  But they do say they average around $1,500.  We did have a good experience at Mia's Bridal, where we got the maid's dresses. 
  • Bridal Solutions & Tailor in Lees Summit is great!  All of their dresses are under $2000 and there are a ton under $1000. They have a lot of popular brands too.

Bridal Extraordinaire is also great, they have a lot of expensive dresses, but affordable ones too. Best part is that they give you 20% off if you buy a dress there during your first appointment. My sister and I both bought great dresses from these places for less than $1000!

Also, make sure to check out Sample Sales! These always have affordable dresses, you just may need some alterations.

My best advice is to tell your price range up front and BE FIRM! I made the mistake of not doing this and tried on my dream dress which ended up being $3000, which I ended up comparing every dress to after that. I love my dress, but I still think about my dream dress that I could never afford! I hope this helps!

• When I tried on dresses I was able to find many under $1000 at Gown Gallery and Mia's, of course the one I wanted was a little more!  You just have to be firm about your budget when you are giving your info to the sales associate.  Also keep an eye out for trunk sales and sample sales!  What kinds of dresses do you like?  Do you have any inspiration pics?
  • I got mine at DB, but I went to Bridal Extraordinaire. My budget was $800 and wasn't aware that they didn't have any that far under $1000. But the girl was really nice and picked out some dresses that were $1100 and under. I knew I couldn't afford them but she did her best and helped as much as she could, and I found styles that I liked then went to DB and knew what I wanted.

I would still go to DB, just not on a weekend evening. It is a zoo!
  • Im looking for a fitted top with either a aline or small ball gown bottom. Typical style for most places. I just want to stretch my budget for a perfect dress. How do you find where sample sales are??
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Check out their websites.  Usually if you sign up for their emails they will let you know as well.  Here are a few event pages, Facebook is probably a good source too.

http://www.miasbridal.com/events
    http://gowngallery.com/events.html
    http://www.emilyhartbridal.com/events.htm
    http://www.rosiesbridalandtuxedo.com/kansas-city-special-events.htm
  • I went to Bridal Extraordinare in Shawnee. It was a great experience. I told them my budget and every dress they pulled was well within it. My friend Sarah was on a 500 dollar budget and we went to Bridal solutions and found a beautiful dress for $300. I would reccommend either place. Good luck!!
  • You should def look into Belle Vouge in Overland Park, KS. This is where I got my $1300 gown for $499. They have such a beautiful selection and they are all so reasonably priced! They have gowns that are full price but also have a HUGE selection of sample dresses that are very affordable! My budget was under $1000 as well, and there were more than enough dresses for me to choose from! :) Good luck!
  • I second Belle Vogue. I got a $1200 sample dress for $150. I told my consultant I couldn't spend over $300, told her what I liked, and she found like 20 sample dresses in my price range to try on.
  • I bought my dress at the Perfect Wedding Guide bridal show they had at Union Station for $400.. it's normally a $1200 dress.. just sayin! stay away from bridal botiques.. if bridal shows or sample sales are not an option.. stick with Davids.
  • We went to  Special Occasions in Odessa and so glad we did.  They have alot of sample dresses marked down and were so nice to work with.  They gave us lots of special attention even though I was looking for an inexpensive dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards