Iowa-Des Moines
Options

I need opinions!!

Has anyone used Lotus Moments on East Grand downtown for their reception or seen the space? It's very cheap and we are considering renting it for our reception. 

Also, has anyone been to St. John's lutheran church downtown? I've heard it's very pretty. What was it like getting married there? Where there lots of requirements?

Thanks!

Re: I need opinions!!

• Options
    abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Lotus Moments. What is it by?  St John is a beautiful church- I have never been inside- but the outside is impressive and makes a statement. All of your downtown churches have rich history and are goign to be beautiful.  As with any church they may ask that you become a member of the church before getting married.
    The scottish rite is another downtown venue that might be budget friendly- I know you can BYOB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were married at St Ambrose Cathedral and I believe St John is the church right behind it.  We've never been there, but it is beautiful from the outside.

As far as "lots of requirements", what do you mean?  I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get married there (or any other churches for the most part) unless you are a member.  I would call them to be certain.  Membership may be as easy as weekly tithing, but you'll need to check with the individual church first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of Lotus Moments either, so not much help there.

I'm certain the church has guidelines - all will have some, the larger churches will probably have more.  If you're looking for a lot of creative freedom around your ceremony, do not get married in a church.  If you're happy to treat the ceremony as a religious event in a house of worship, you'll be fine with any "requirements".  I found pretty much all the information you'll ever need on their website...

http://images.acswebnetworks.com/1/582/revisedWeddingPolicies20073withnondisclosure.pdf

Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards