Maine

Good morning!

Over the weekend the FI and I went to a wedding expo (in Boston). It was overwhelming, but fun. We got a few recommendations for videographers that would travel. What about you? Who are you using for a videographer?

Also, stay warm everyone! Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: Good morning!

• edited December 2011
    We did some work on linens and rental properties for our guests.  I also worked on some pomander balls.  I have to do my crafts in small "shifts".  haha.   Wedding expos are fun, but they certainly can be overwhelming.

We are not using a videographer.   We decided, for us, it wasn't worth the money.  Or shall I say it wasn't worth the money of a really good one, which is what I would want.  We are having a very small group, only 60 people, and I think a videographer crew would be distracting.  

We are either going to buy a FLIP HD camera and ask a guest to film the ceremony for us, or I had a friend tell us about Wedit, where they mail you 5 FLIP HD cameras and you hand them out to guests to capture some of the moments of your day.  You then mail them back to the company who uploads the footage and you can edit the footage yourself on their site and design your own video.  That is a $500 cost, which may be more than I want to spend still.  I have to weigh how badly it's worth it to me.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - that's an interesting idea about either buying or renting the cameras. I agree that this service is something that you have to really want. That being said, I used to run my own tv show on local cable, thought about going into film, etc. So I definitely want it...just not sure who to pick. I haven't found the right fit yet. 

Sounds like you're making a lot of progress on the crafts!! Fun! Have you posted pics? 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I would love it, but I'd want the really high end film that starts around $3,500.  That's just more than I'm willing to spend.  I would love one though, and can totally understand how they'd be worth it. 

I haven't posted any pics yet of my crafts yet.  Maybe I will after I finish my big letters to hang on my venue door.  That is my big floral project.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited to see the crafts! 

Yes, I understand and agree - it's so ridiculously expensive. I think this is why I haven't booked it yet. I just can't fathom paying so much for a videographer, knowing what goes into it. I am holding out hope that I'll find one I like within budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    Let me know what you find and end up booking!
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards