Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP date

My wedding is Feb 26th, and I plan to mail out invitations mid/late November.

What would be the ideal RSVP date, so that I can accomodate any additional people from the "B list"? Also, people from the B list will be receiving the same invitation with the same RSVP date written on it...what should I do?

We are having our guests RSVP on our website, so there will be no RSVP card enclosed with the invitation. We plan to print it on the bottom of the invitation. How would I include the date? For example, would it be "Please RSVP at www.ourwebsite.com by January 1st" ? or would I write "the first of January" as the wedding date is formally written on the invitation?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Re: RSVP date

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-date-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8c49c9c1-a826-478f-baaa-dc527f15e6f2Post:155a9329-ec6b-45da-bfbb-c29d84293272">RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is Feb 26th, and I plan to mail out invitations mid/late November. What would be the ideal RSVP date, so that I can accomodate any additional people from the "B list"? Also, people from the B list will be receiving the same invitation with the same RSVP date written on it...what should I do? 
    Posted by jchow625[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't have a B-list.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the help! I've heard mixed things about the whole B list thing, so I wasn't sure. I had no idea what an inconvenience it would be for guests to reply so early.
  • Options
    My wedding is February 12th and I have a January 10th RSVP date. For me it's a "piece of mind" thing. My fiance and I are paying for most of the wedding ourselves and hoping to be able to plan better.

I agree with the "Plan B" thing. Those who make your "Plan A" are the most important and you should cater to them.

I'm planning on sending my invites out late November/Early December bc of the holiday shuffle. Do what makes you comfortable :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-date-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8c49c9c1-a826-478f-baaa-dc527f15e6f2Post:013d872a-942c-4e57-ae3d-ce11ae90f157">Re: RSVP date</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are so many things wrong with this. 1.  As PP said, don't have a B-list.  It's incredibly rude.  Invite the people you can afford/fit, but don't invite a second tier of people who weren't good enough to make the first cut. 2. An RSVP date of Jan. 1 is ridiculous.  2-3 weeks before the wedding is pretty typical.  You should only request RSVPs about a week before you need to give your final count to the caterer.  It's rude to expect your guests to RSVP 8 weeks before the wedding.  Many will not know if they can get time off work, find a flight, get a babysitter, etc. 3. Don't send your invites out over 3 months before the wedding.  Guests are just going to misplace them because you sent them out so early.  Wait to 6-8 weeks before the wedding.
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that besides being rude, this strategy can completely backfire on you.  Several people on my month board did this and had late October RSVP deadlines for December weddings.  Now they are all complaining because half of their guests haven't replied yet by their ridiculously early deadlines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards