Virginia-Richmond

Historic Mankin Mansion

Hello, Knotties! I'm curious about the Historic Mankin Mansion. I've visited and the place is beautiful, the staff is professional and helpful, and the size of the venue is perfect for the number of guests we'll have attending. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this venue they'd be willing to share. I would love to hear any and all opinions before I officially book this place in a couple of weeks. I love the place, but I just want to be absolutely sure that I'm making the right choice. Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart."

161 invited image
74 ready to celebrate! image
87 won't make it :(image
0 still to respond image

Re: Historic Mankin Mansion

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in October. Mary, the coordinator, has been amazing! So helpful and very sweet! We email all the time, and she even helped me choose my shoes via emailed pictures! I won't know the final result until October, but i would definately recomend them from what i have seen so far!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I actually signed my contract last week and will be handing them my deposit tomorrow! The professional, friendly, and courteous manner in which I've been treated so far is what helped me make my decision. There are a few things I'm not entirely happy with about the place - the ceremony site is right next to a road, and if we have a DJ for the reception we have to use Martin (I had already asked a good friend to DJ for us since he does it professionally and would charge me half of what Martin is asking). But overall, this place has everything I want and is pretty accomodating. I'm in the service industry myself, and the treatment I've received thus far speaks volumes about the quality I'll receive during the planning process as well as on our big day. And Mary-Catherine is great! I'm so excited to be working with her, and I know my wedding is in fantastic hands!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart."

161 invited image
    74 ready to celebrate! image
    87 won't make it :(image
    0 still to respond image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards