Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Airbrush Make-up?

Hey girls! I am searching for a make-up professional for my wedding day. I have found that airbrush make-up is the new, best thing. I don't have the best skin and I am going to be very picky about my make-up. I don't want to have to touch it up much throughout the day, not to mention I want to look and feel like a new person that is confident in her make-up. I keep hearing great things about airbrush make-up, however I have never had it done, so I am hesitate to book someone without knowing if I am going to be happy with the airbrush make-up. Plus, I have also found that it is very expensive!! I wish I could try it out first before having to book it with a make-up artist. 

Does anyone have a strong opinion about airbrush make-up? If you were happy with the airbrush, do you think it is worth the money? And any names of recommendations? 

Re: Airbrush Make-up?

• Options
    ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have airbrush and have never tried it.  I got some price quotes on it and they were $150 and up.  I just couldn't reason spending that much (H and I paid for all of the VIW - very important women - to get their faces done.  There were 10 of us all together).  I went with mineral instead.  I have good skin, but half of my bridal party does not (my sisters) and mineral is what they use on a daily basis.  It worked very well and looked great in the pictures.  I used Serenity Spa and Salon in Anchorage and it was $25 per face.  They did not charge me for my trial run either.  We had Denise (the owner of the salon) do the majority of the faces.  I would highly recommend her to anyone and she will be doing my three sisters on their wedding days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used airbrush on my wedding day, and my whole wedding party did as well. LOOKED FABULOUS in the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!  Look up Kathy in the Louisville Wedding network, She is great! If she isnt available her friend is SUPER! 

I want to help! Look at my blog :)  If you go to www.saveoncrafts.com you can find clear mini lights. They have SO many wonderful things on there!

If you are in need of an assistant for your wedding planning or just on your wedding day, please message me:) This is my passion, and I can assure you that you will love the help! 

Please visit my blog, I'm starting my business, so I have competitive rates. I want to help make YOUR day a day to remember <3

Kaitilinlogsdon@att.net.

• Options
    nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into sephora--you have to buy a 50$ gift card per person, but you could double that as an attendant gift.  I am pretty sure they have airbrush products, and you could pretty easily do a trial there to see if it suits you.  I am pretty sure that's the route I'm going.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out BEAUTY by Bethany.  She did mine and continues to do so for all of my events.  She has been doing airbrush here for years.  It truly looks flawless and is worth every penny I can spare! 

www.beautybybethany.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Nicole Grote with Artistry HD at www.artistryhd.com - She made my makeup look incredible, and I've definitely got some problem skin :l The airbrush makeup was definitely worth the $$, and she was one of the most reasonably priced artists I found! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards