October 2014 Weddings

10-4-14

hey there knotties:D I am getting married on October 4th
I have been thinking a lot of the father daughter dance..
well to back up having my dad walk me down the isle. also my mom has a boyfriend who has been there sense I was 6 years old. I also want him to walk me down,

I am just not sure about how to tell my dad that..

also the father daughter dances I would love to have 3. wow I know that's a lot

1 for my biological father
1 for my "step" father
and 1 for my soon to be father in law

my father in law has done so much for me, I don't want him to feel like he is being left out,

I also don't want the "special dances"  to be way to long..

can I have some input!
thank you

Re: 10-4-14

• bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Hi there. Congrats on your engagement!

Aisle - you could have both your father and your step-father walk you down the aisle. I've seen a few different scenarios: 1. Both men can be on either arm the whole way down the aisle or 2. You could have your step-father walk you half-way down the aisle and then meet your dad and have your dad walk you the rest of the way to meet your soon-to-be husband.

Dancing - 3 separate dances just for dads is a lot. I'm afraid your guests would get bored after seeing you dance three times to three separate songs. An idea is to have a longer song but have the dads "cut in" at certain verses so that you get to dance with all three while only having to play one song. It could be really well done if you do it right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say have both your dad and step dad walk you down the isle. I don't think he would have an issue as they both have had your best intrest at hard since you where a child.

As for the dance ( and what I have seen at past weddings) 1) during the father daughter dance the step father would step in half way through (dad and step father discussed this prior to the reception.) 2) during the mother son dance it was also announced the bride would dance with her father in law.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_10-4-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:b6e41c46-b8d6-44bc-9f01-349628397dbdPost:6b593a61-3ff6-4106-ba8d-4fefe989a159">10-4-14</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey there knotties:D I am getting married on October 4th I have been thinking a lot of the father daughter dance.. well to back up having my dad walk me down the isle. also my mom has a boyfriend who has been there sense I was 6 years old. I also want him to walk me down, I am just not sure about how to tell my dad that.. also the father daughter dances I would love to have 3. wow I know that's a lot 1 for my biological father 1 for my "step" father and 1 for my soon to be father in law my father in law has done so much for me, I don't want him to feel like he is being left out, I also don't want the "special dances"  to be way to long.. can I have some input! thank you
    Posted by breynolds016[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey there!  One of my best friends was in a similar situation as you!  Her step-father has been in her life since she was 13, and she wanted both men to walk her down the aisle.  To "break" the news, she sat both guys down (separately) and just explained that both men meant a lot to her, and she wanted both of them to help her walk down the aisle.  It's your wedding, and you should do what you want!  I can understand your concern about taking too long for three dances, but you can always shorten the songs a bit, so it's not as long.  If you want three dances, do three dances!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards