June 2014 Weddings
Options

Engagement Photographer? Check!

A lady I work with does photographer in her spare time...and she is good! Today, I asked her about doing our engagement photos. She was thrilled about it. When I asked her about her prices, she offered to do it for free for us as our wedding present! I almost died...She even said she would do 2 sessions, one soon (summer) and then another this fall. She said we could take them wherever I want them and I get rights to all images that will be placed on a disc. Today is great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photographer? Check!

• Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_engagement-photographer-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:f134d82e-e56b-4edd-b32a-159542b3adbePost:c6919352-7c75-421e-beba-e07136380d61">Engagement Photographer? Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lady I work with does photographer in her spare time...and she is good! Today, I asked her about doing our engagement photos. She was thrilled about it. When I asked her about her prices, she offered to do it for free for us as our wedding present! I almost died...She even said she would do 2 sessions, one soon (summer) and then another this fall. She said we could take them wherever I want them and I get rights to all images that will be placed on a disc. Today is great!
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

<div>That is seriously awesome! I've been debating what season I want to do them in and you're so lucky you get to do them in two different seasons! So fun!</div>
  • Options
    That's awesome!!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome! We are doing our engagement photos fall of next year. Such a beautiful time of the year!
    Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I love fall and I think that's when we are going to do ours... next fall.  That is so awesome though.  I am torn though between doing it in the fall or summer cause i would love water to be involved.  Idk.  Whatever we choose will be awesome I am sure because the photographer is awesome!  
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome! We had a family friend do ours who does photography on the side as sort of a hobby. She did them for free (we gave her $70 anyway though) and they turned out amazing! We just did our last week in the evening at two different locations, and the warm sunshine was so pretty in them.
  • Options
    We would do ours next fall, but if my recently developed plan succeeds, we will be moving the wedding up. It just depends how things go. So we are getting them done this fall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_engagement-photographer-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:f134d82e-e56b-4edd-b32a-159542b3adbePost:57832b4d-1c0e-4ec1-be82-297441fb44e1">Re: Engagement Photographer? Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love fall and I think that's when we are going to do ours... next fall.  That is so awesome though.  I am torn though between doing it in the fall or summer cause i would love water to be involved.  Idk.  Whatever we choose will be awesome I am sure because the photographer is awesome!  
    Posted by joe&cassie[/QUOTE]

<div>You can still do water pictures in the fall. Maybe not in the water, but you are less likely to have many people surrounding the water while you are taking pictures! I had a friend take pictures on a beach in the early winter with not a soul in sight and they came out amazing!</div>
    Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_engagement-photographer-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:f134d82e-e56b-4edd-b32a-159542b3adbePost:ee63ed93-fc63-4af7-8719-e1adae32491b">Re: Engagement Photographer? Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We would do ours next fall, but if my recently developed plan succeeds, we will be moving the wedding up. It just depends how things go. So we are getting them done this fall.

You might be getting married sooner? When!?  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_engagement-photographer-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:f134d82e-e56b-4edd-b32a-159542b3adbePost:d1857f5b-2015-47d6-a4aa-8b875e2224fb">Re: Engagement Photographer? Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement Photographer? Check! : You might be getting married sooner? When!?  :)
    Posted by lynn614[/QUOTE]

We aren't for sure yet. We are just going to wait it out. I would like to do it Sept 2013, but we have to take a lot of things into consideration...like a house mainly. It just depends. We can't wait to get married but we don't want to rush it and then struggle. So it just depends on what happens between now and then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_engagement-photographer-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:f134d82e-e56b-4edd-b32a-159542b3adbePost:2b2fafcd-f465-4259-90e4-16e03b4de559">Re: Engagement Photographer? Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement Photographer? Check! : We aren't for sure yet. We are just going to wait it out. I would like to do it Sept 2013, but we have to take a lot of things into consideration...like a house mainly. It just depends. We can't wait to get married but we don't want to rush it and then struggle. So it just depends on what happens between now and then.

Oh okay.  I understand completely.  You definitely don't want to struggle too much if you can avoid that.  Well, look at this way, you will be a married woman (sometime) in the next 24 months. It (June 2014) will be here before you know it. Christmas will be here in about 160 days already!  :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards