Michigan-Lansing
Options

Charlar Place in Holt, MI?

Has anyone heard of Charlar Place in Holt, MI? I've looked at their website and their prices seem to be decent (I'm working on a low budget wedding). After looking at their page I feel their site might be "generic" especially the food. Thoughts from anyone?

Re: Charlar Place in Holt, MI?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had his wedding reception there.  It was like 6 years ago, but I remember it being pretty yummy.  It seems like it was pretty outside too.  Sorry I'm not much help, it was too long ago!  I don't remember thinking anything bad about it though!  Go check it out and see what you think!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MainMMainM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Health Department stops in randomly at Charlar Place just as they do any restaurant and catering facility. You can call the local HD and ask what the rating were from their last visit. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. I don't know about the kitchen, but we had looked into Charlar back when we first started planning. I never saw it (I lived 8 hours away) but FI is from Holt so he just popped in by himself. He said it was a pretty reasonable place. The one thing we didn't like was their outdoor ceremony site - it was kind of an overgrown garden. We're having an outdoor ceremony so that was important to us. But it may not be a factor to you. 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "generic" and yet I think I understand. The place is pretty simple, FI didn't say there were bells or whistles involved. It's very much a rental hall for a reception. 
  • Options
    SMillerinloveSMillerinlove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was a guest at a wedding at the Charlar Place and I have since booked the Venue for myself because it was so beautiful!  Everything went very smoothly for my friends (the bride and groom). The food was really tasty and the grounds were extremely well kept. I would definitely suggest that you check the place out, I'm sure you'll find it worth your while.  As far as the menu goes I am customizing mine and the chef is very enthused about doing it.  I would recommend this Unique Venue to anyone!  I will post more after the eventKiss

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards