Attire & Accessories Forum

Beaded bodess and jewelry

The bodess of my strapless dress is covered in beads and crystals.  My mom seems to think I should go without a necklace because it will be too much.  SHe thinks that I should wear a pair of dangling earrings and a bracelet instead.  I, on the other hand, would love to wear a necklace.  My ears aren't pierced so I will have to get clip earrings.  There aren't many options for those so I was thinking some kind of pretty decorated stud and a necklace, and a bracelet.  Is that too much?  What if the necklace is simple? 
I also have this dilemna with the bridesmaids as well.  However, I definitely want them in drop earrings or dangling earrings with a bracelet.  All of their ears are pierced.  The bm dress has a line of beading at the strapless neckline so probably no neckace. 

Re: Beaded bodess and jewelry

• I want to see a pic of the dress too.
    panther
  • Yes, not all beaded bodices are the same, so we need a picture to see if a necklace is too much.
  • Ditto the others.

It really just depends. My dress had a lot going on, and I didn't wear a necklace, just earrings.

• It's Private Label by G 1395.  The pic is kinda small.
  • Very pretty dress. I think a simple necklace would still be fine. I think big earrings as clip-ons would be uncomfortable. I don't care for the multi-strand necklace the model is wearing.
  • You could wear a simple necklace of pearls; I would not do the standard pearl necklace, try some other options.
    As far as non-pierced ears, try a jeweler who makes jewelry on etsy. You could also get earrings made for your bridesmaids with your wedding colors and pearls. Check out Jewelry by Jaynemarie under Rings and Jewelry.
  • I think you could wear a necklace.  My dress was strapless, and was all lace with pearl and crystal beading and I wore a gigantic necklace.  I think because of the classic silhouette I got away with it - but if not, who cares, sometimes I tend to think that you're never going to have another chance to wear something like that except on your wedding day.

I wore a big necklace, smaller earrings and a bracelet, pics in bio.
    panther
  • I am wearing the monalisa by maggie sottero. It has a TONNE of crystals and beading, I love the dress and originally thought a necklace would be too much, then I saw a pic of another maggie bride wearing a 3 strand pearl choker with it and it looked gorgeous! So, now that is what I am going to do except I am having a 3 strand swarovski choker made (the beading on the dress is swarovski). It doesnt look like too much because it does not hang down near the dress, plus, it draws the eye back up to your face so that you don tget lost in all the beautiful detail of the dress. I would have NEVER put a choker with this dress until I saw it in a picture... maybe try soemthing like that the next time u try the dress on:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards