Canada

Atlantic Candian ladies

Hey gals! I'm from Moncton, NB. I was thinking the other day that we should have our own Atlantic boards. I'm sure most of you are aware that vendors will travel between NB, NS, and PEI regularly for work (and I've heard of some that go to NL sometimes too). I was emailing with someone from TK, and they said that if they had enough inquiries about it, that they'd put it in! So, whatcha gals think? Shouldn't we be represented? =)
December 2010 siggy challenge - Caketopper:
cake crown Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Atlantic Candian ladies

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loooooove this idea!! Think we should def. get this on the go! How do we send an "inquiry"?  What would be our best course of action?

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • mflowers929mflowers929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The woman I was speaking with said that requests for a specific board to be added should be sent through an email to messageboards@theknot.com
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • edited December 2011
    Email sent!  It would be nice to have an Atlantic Canada board.
    edited December 2011
    Sending it now! It would be lovely to have an AC board!

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I mean, no offense to the ladies who live in the other areas, but it kind of annoyed me that nothing east of TO was represented.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can also email Knot Annie directly regarding this. Do we have any idea of how many east coast brides there are?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be awesome of you ring_pop. I'm not sure if all of the ladies check these boards so often (I know I'm over on my wedding month boards 95% of the time), but it looks like 12-15 of us, possibly more.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I did email Annie. They're not working on creating new boards at the moment (they tend to do a whole batch at a time), but she's definitely open to the idea if it appears that the new board would be very busy. But she's added it to her list.

For now, you guys are more than welcome to use this board for vendor questions, etc.!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help, Ring Pop!!  I'm glad they'll look into it for us.

I like the Canada board so I suppose I'll stick around =-P

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Yea! I'm from Moncton (Riverview) as well and can't seem to find ANY boards for that area!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ring pop. That's basically what the lady said when I emailed. That they weren't adding any right now but if there was a lot of interest they'd look into it.
    Wow Heada! I didn't know there was anyone else from around here =)
  • larina+jeremylarina+jeremy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with you ladies. im from nl and we should definitely have an atlantic canadian boards!
  • edited December 2011

That sounds fantastic. It would be so nice to have a place to share local deals and finds. Depending on budget Matt & Chera Yorke ( Yorke Photography) are fantasic photographers in the Moncton area. 2 of friends used them last year and had amazing results

• edited December 2011
    I'm a bride to be living in Alberta but planning a wedding in NL.  I'd LOVE an Atlantic Canada board!
  • edited December 2011
    i know! and there are no good sites dedicated to weddings for Atlantic Canada either.
    i'm trying to find an outdoor venue in the moncton area and have only located a few by word of mouth!.
    anyone have any suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey gals! I'm from Miramichi :) Hope you are all doing well, and we definalty need something here for us Atlantic Canadians!
  • pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree there should be an atlantic canada board, I mean if they can have a vancouver board and a toronto board they should have a AC board. I'm formerly from halifax and currently living in BC but would frequent an AC board to help out the girls on there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are both from NB and that's where we're getting married!
    We are planning everything out of Ottawa.
    It would make me feel closer to home if I could relate with other Altantic bride. 
    We should have our own forum!
  • edited December 2011
    e-mailing now :)
  • sampsonmacsampsonmac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi there,
    I never post on here, just come for advice and such.
    However, I noticed HeadaB's post regarding outdoor venues.  We are getting married in Moncton at the outdoor venue of Soloman Gardens.  If you haven't checked it out you should.  It is gorgeous and a pretty great deal when looking at booking a tent, portapotty, etc, etc.  I believe the best pictures on online at localmoncton.com.  The people who own it are super nice as well.
    Good luck and I agree an Altantic Canada board should be created.  I find the other boards do not reflect the way we tend to do things in the Maritimes.  Happy planning to all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards