Maine
Options

DJ - Jim Smith

Has anyone booked Jim Smith or heard anything about him?

Re: DJ - Jim Smith

• Options
    edited January 2012
    We had Jim Smith as our DJ for our wedding. I really wanted to like him, but he did mess up a few crucial things for us. He seemed a little sick on the day of the wedding so I'm not sure if he was just a little out of it or what?

-He started the music for the bridesmaids to start walking down the aisle way too early. He started when the parents were walking down the aisle. That would have been fine, except that he didn't have it on repeat. So when it ended, there was a moment of complete silence as one of the girls was walking down, then the song I was supposed to walk to started as another one of the girls was walking down, which he quickly changed back to start the other song over again. Then he restarted my song as my dad and I started walking.
    -He missed two of our bridal party when announcing them for the reception. They ended up scooting out after the MOH and BM (right before we started walking in) without having been announced.
    -He played a couple songs that had been on our "Do NOT Play List"
    -He didn't play a couple songs that were on our "Must Play List"

However, I will say, that we did get some compliments on him from our guests. They didn't really notice any of the hiccoughs and they enjoyed themselves. He is pretty good about keeping things running and having a fun beat going. I definitely wanted to like him more than I did!

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards