South Carolina

Getting to know you survey! Lets get this place a little more active. :)

What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?
When did you get engaged?
How long of an engagement are you expecting?
Wedding Date (If you have one):
What have you checked off your list?
What's your venue?
Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:
Something interesting about yourself:
Anniversary

Re: Getting to know you survey! Lets get this place a little more active. :)

• victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?I am from Conway. Also getting married in ConwayWhen did you get engaged?
    I got engaged in August of 2009 
    Our engagement will be one year and 7 months.
    March 5, 2011
    Umm pretty much everything I can do up to this point. My invites will come in sometime next week so addressing those are a big check that I need to get done. 
    What's your venue?
    Getting married at Trinity church and reception at the peanut warehouse.
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:
    Getting to see my whole family!! And, getting to see everything all put together after all this planning. 
    Lets see... I've been with my FI for almost 5 years and we are pretty much the last of our friends to get married (ha ha) 

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)? I'm from Columbia, now living in Charleston. We are getting married on Ft Jackson
    When did you get engaged? August 2009
    How long of an engagement are you expecting? 21 months
    Wedding Date (If you have one): 5.21.11
    What have you checked off your list?  We've gotten most of the big stuff all taken care of
    What's your venue? Ft Jackson Officer's Club
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: Seeing friends from near and far
    Something interesting about yourself:  I'm a news producer for WCSC-TV in Charleston
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)? From Columbia and getting married here as well!
    When did you get engaged? 10-29-10

How long of an engagement are you expecting? 17 months
    Wedding Date (If you have one): 4-21-2012
    What have you checked off your list? Venue, wedding planner, working on caterer, photographer, videographer and DJ.
    What's your venue? 701 Whaley Street
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: The theme comeing to life!
    Something interesting about yourself: Not really interesting, maybe more nutty is how I would describe myself!
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Myrtle Beach
    September 24, 2010
    14 Months
    Wedding Date:   November 26, 2011
    Venue, Photographer
    What's your venue?
    The Cooper House Event Center
    The wedding theme coming together and being around family and great friends.
    I am a Probation Officer.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?: My fiance's from Easley, I'm from Chicagoland, we lived in Greenville for 3 years and just moved to Missouri, but we're getting married in Greenville.
    When did you get engaged?: June 22, 2010
    How long of an engagement are you expecting?: 15 months
    Wedding Date (If you have one): September 4, 2011
    What have you checked off your list?: Venue, photographer, DJ, caterer, flower girl baskets, half the invitations, and we started our registries
    What's your venue?: Upcountry History Museum
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: My nieces being flower girls!
    Something interesting about yourself: I've lived in 4 states in the last 4 years.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Which part of SC are you from?  From Greenville but have lived in Columbia, Spartanburg and am now in Charleston.  I was married in Greenville.
    When did you get engaged?  We got engaged on March 28, 2008
    How long of an engagement were you expecting?  I didn't want to be engaged for over a year, but I didn't want to rush planning a wedding, so we settled on 10 months.
    Wedding Date?  January 31, 2009.  Yeah, we're already hitched, so I'll skip the next question.
    Venue?  Poinsett Hotel for both the ceremony and reception.  We just moved ballrooms.
    Excited about...Oyster soup for Christmas Eve
    Interesting fact?  I'm a chef and a model and love both. 

• katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_getting-survey-lets-this-place-little-active?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:637db441-01ba-45ef-aec9-ab767e2a7bf4Post:34b59710-6923-4a94-bde9-5ab3d0442db5">Getting to know you survey! Lets get this place a little more active. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?
     <strong>Rock Hill</strong>
    When did you get engaged? How long of an engagement are you expecting?
     <strong>March 12, 2011- 1 year & 4 months. I think.</strong>
     <strong>July 2, 2011</strong>
     <strong>All of the big things! yippie!</strong>
    What's your venue?
     <strong>A big reception hall</strong>
    <strong>The photobooth & honeymoon :)</strong>
    <strong>I bought my own home at the age of 21- very proud of myself.</strong>
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)? From Charleston originally, live in the upstate now, but getting married in Charleston
    When did you get engaged? June 9, 2009
    How long of an engagement are you expecting? 2 years
    Wedding Date (If you have one): June 10, 2011
    What have you checked off your list? Venue, florist, caterer, bridesmaid dresses, wedding dress, save-the-dates, photographer, most of the big things.
    What's your venue? Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: Having all of my favorite people together in my favorite city at the same time
    Something interesting about yourself: I was pretty much the last person to expect my proposal and I'm a high school teacher.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?  Getting married in North Myrtle Beach
    When did you get engaged?  Got engaged July 6, 2010 
    How long of an engagement are you expecting?  8 month engagement for us
    Wedding Date (If you have one):  March 11, 2011
    What have you checked off your list?  I have almost everything done.  Just the little things now.
    What's your venue?  FI and I are getting married on the beach, but not having a reception.
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding:  Can't wait for the minimoon.  LOL!!  We're staying at a hotel/inn on the beach.  We got an excellent deal.
    Something interesting about yourself  I'm a mom of four boys and going to be a step-mom to three boys and a girl.  I'm starting school in January for my Early Childhood Education degree, but may change my major to nursing or another medical field.
  • edited December 2011

What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)? I am from Simpsonville (Gville area), SC and fiance is from Mason, Michigan. We met here in Myrtle Beach, SC and we are getting married here on the beach. :)
    When did you get engaged? January 16, 2010

How long of an engagement are you expecting? 1yr, 4 mo
    Wedding Date (If you have one): April 3, 2011
    What have you checked off your list? Lots of stuff, mostly DIY things (favors, little details) left :)
    What's your venue? Sea Watch Resort, beach ceremony, and reception hall
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: Having all of our family n friends under one roof, gonne be one big fun party! :) Cant wait!!!!!
    Something interesting about yourself: I taught myself yoga and have a B.S. in Psychology

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • tml220tml220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of SC are you from (Or what part are you getting married in)?  Grew up in Rock Hill, live in Simpsonville now, most likely getting married in Greenville.
    When did you get engaged? 12/10/10
    How long of an engagement are you expecting? 1.5 yrs +/-
    Wedding Date (If you have one): TBD (spring/early summer 2012)
    What have you checked off your list? We started a guest list... :-)  It's a little early, and I'm going to give myself lots of time to plan, but I figure to find a venue, I need to at least know how many we're inviting!
    What's your venue? no idea yet
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: the dress...and having a blast at the reception!
    Something interesting about yourself: I lived in France for a year "teaching" English.  Mostly that involved playing games with the kids, so it was pretty fun.
  • edited December 2011
     I'm from Lyman, SC but live in Greenville, SC. We'll be getting married in downtown Spartanburg.
    When did you get engaged? We got engaged on October 14, 2010
    How long of an engagement are you expecting? It will be a year and a day.
    Wedding Date (If you have one): 10/15/2011
    What have you checked off your list? Almost everything! At least the big stuff. We have booked venue, cake, caterer, photographer, dress, and ceremony music. The only things left are the dj and rentals. Of course I have tons of details left, but I'm glad I got all the big stuff out of the way early on.
    What's your venue? It's called White's Mill. It's a private building in the White's Mill neighborhood. It's an old grist mill that is perfect for out nature/rustic/laid back wedding.
    Something you're most excited about (besides being married!) about your wedding: My dress! It is being custom made.
    Something interesting about yourself: I will be moving to Asheville in the next few months. It's my favorite place on earth and I just got promoted to a store there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    He's from Manning, I'm from Beaufort. We're getting married in Beaufort.

August 15, 2010

About 18 months

December 10, 2011
    Colors, wedding date
    What's your venue?
    MCAS Beaufort chapel

Tax break haha jk

I absolutely love fighter jets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards