Favors

Bubbles AND Birdseed? POLL

Hi, ladies! I have a question for you. Here's the situation: I have already bought cute lil' tubes of bubbles for my guests, with the idea that they could be used in lieau of birdseed AND could double as favors. Is it tacky to expect the bubbles to do double duty?

Re: Bubbles AND Birdseed? POLL

• edited December 2011
    You don't really need favors. 

I wouldn't really consider bubbles a favor, they are a photo prop for your wedding.  If you like the bubbles more than birdseed, get them.  You don't need to justify it by classifying it as a favor.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neither bubbles nor birdseed are favors.  A favor is something for the guest, not something for a cute photo op. for you and your groom.

And don't, don't, don't do birdseed.  If you're having your hair done in, especially in an updo that will take LOTS of hairspriay, you'll have birdseed sticking to your hair for the rest of the night.  You'll have birdseed down the bodice of your dress, in your groom's suit jackets, and perhaps in your shoes. 

Our church doesn't allow birdseed:  it's a slipping hazard, and draws birds who then poop all over our sidewalks and steps. 

My advice?  Use the bubbles for photos because they look adorable!   And then, if you're compelled to give your guests a favor, make it something edible:  a cookie, some candy, brownies, popcorn, wine, jams, etc.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't consider the bubbles a favor, but I also wouldn't care if there were bubbles with no favor.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bubbles are not favors, just fun for pictures. 
    Anniversary
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just stick with bubbles and then skip the favor. People aren't going to take home the bubbles as a favor, just like others have said, just use it for the photos :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_bubbles-birdseed-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c42f1845-1dc2-4d30-8d17-b750468d6fc7Post:92b65c36-0c70-4b7d-9fc6-b2d4fd608d02">Re: Bubbles AND Birdseed? POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't consider the bubbles a favor, but I also wouldn't care if there were bubbles with no favor.
    Posted by CassieeK[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Favors aren't necessary and I doubt anyone would miss them. Bubbles are fun and less messy than bird seed so keep them! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only person to consider bubbles a favor are kids...one kid that will be at my wedding rounded up ALL the bubbles at the last wedding so they never got USED outside of the reception hall. I have two girls putting the eye on her both for the candy bar and the bubbles haha. But I agree with the PP's not a favor just fun.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards