Hawaii

Help re: WC

Is anyone else here using Diana Gardner of Aloha Weddings? 

She's our WC and I really like her.  However, we are less than 80 days out and still don't have our final cost.  I email her and call her and get nothing back.  I mentioned something to the WC at our Reception venue a couple months ago, and she emailed Diana for me and I finally got a response.  But since then I have sent emails and called regarding payments, charging my card and the invoice but nothing again. 

Is this normal for her, is there a trick to getting her to respond?  I still haven't an idea how much the wedding is costing and it's a minor detail, I find to be important. 
Any input would be great.  Thanks.
IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012

Re: Help re: WC

• ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Personally, I haven't worked with her so I don't know her style of communication, but I wouldn't be happy with it. As my wedding way is approaching I am hearing more from my WC, not less. I am a big phone call person, believing that emails can be easily pushed aside. In a phone message she'll be able to hear your frusteration and sense of urgency. Load up her voice mail baby!
    Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi- I'm totally  having some of the same problems.. I would be super persistant and maybe even have someone else contact her like your FI or your MOH!! I know my MOH has been blowing up people's inoxes for me too lately. but yes, keep bugging her! goodluck girlie!~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_re-wc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:a4e30d5e-8c5b-418f-a6dc-2f206e5a6de5Post:16df7c74-00bb-4776-8794-3b36ad9c19f7">Re: Help re: WC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a big phone call person, believing that emails can be easily pushed aside. In a phone message she'll be able to hear your frusteration and sense of urgency.
    Posted by ETweet[/QUOTE]

This! Emails are secondary on the priority list to phone calls. If it's important, call.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Alyson and ETweet.  You need to call.  I try to talk to all vendors on the phone once before I hire them.  Then if I don't get a response to a couple emails, call again.  Make yourself real - you're harder to avoid if you're a real person leaving VM (or even better getting your vendor on the phone!).

I think nowadays it's easy to rely too much on electronic messages.  We need to remember that what makes us and our interests and feelings real is actually talking to people.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I will call her.....again.  I think I come off too nice and laid back.  I'm trying to play it cool so I seem like an easy bride to work with.  Back in the day when I first hired her, she and I spoke on the phone a few times so I thought she would continue to return my calls and respond to my questions. 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the phone call.  We were lucky, our WC was always on top of everything, so other than the last minute updates on our rentals/catering counts we knew what all of our costs were six months in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    There's nothing wrong with letting your frustration show, you know. That doesn't make you a bad person!
  • edited December 2011
    I would definately call!  You don't want to leave it up to emails...You need some piece of mind.
  • edited December 2011

Well, This week I left two voice mails and sent 1 email.  Still nothing back so I sent her another email this morning telling her it was causing me to lose sleep.  Which it has.  I am really frustrated and not sure what I did or didn't do that is causing this lack of communication.  ugh.

• edited December 2011
     I'm not sure if it's just the Island time or what but
    I'm having the same problem! not only that, one of two WC's just quit on us.. My Fi and I call and e-mail but it's like pulling teeth to get the WC to get back to us with information and prices!! so we've actually started to do our own planning and research. I would definitely keep calling them since you're so so close to the finish line! I wish we can change WC's but I think we're too far in.
    we're just going to keep strong and move along...
    goodluck to you!!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_re-wc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:a4e30d5e-8c5b-418f-a6dc-2f206e5a6de5Post:06a4047e-5085-4b1c-9c9d-7976f95c9f95">Re: Help re: WC</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm not sure if it's just the Island time or what but I'm having the same problem! not only that, one of two WC's just quit on us.. My Fi and I call and e-mail but it's like pulling teeth to get the WC to get back to us with information and prices!! so we've actually started to do our own planning and research. I would definitely keep calling them since you're so so close to the finish line! I wish we can change WC's but I think we're too far in. we're just going to keep strong and move along... goodluck to you!!
    Posted by cocoriggs[/QUOTE]
    coco - Maybe this is a Kauai thing?  I dunno, the folks I've talked to on Maui have all been really responsive.
  • edited December 2011
    I have noticed that a lot of wedding vendors are on vacation now...trying to take a break before the busy season starts in March.  That may or not be true for your WC, but just a thought.  It's not an excuse, but maybe an explanation???

It was good that you voiced your frustrations.  Hopefully you'll get a response and some action!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

You're right I probably should rephrase my post- It's not the vendors that are not getting back to us but it's our WC (actually you are right  about the Maui vendors getting back to us quickly.- andyes, we are doing our wedding in Maui.. not Kauai.)
    I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but it has taken the WCs  about a month to answer back to some questions we had.
    we e-mail and leave messages ..but we don't get response until later on in the month...
    My Fi and I are crossing our fingers in hopes that it will get better very soon...,
    thanks for letting me voice my frustrations :*)
    ~coco
  • caperlee10caperlee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister just wrapped up her wedding at Hanalei Bay.  It would be a couple of days and up to a week before she ever recieved any response from Diana throughout the planning as we live on the mainland.  When my mom finally got to the site a day early we were suprised to find that the "lovely wedding site"  was actually a few feet away from patios of rooms at the hotel.  There was no one sent down there that spoke english (not a problem except it is our primary language)to meet my mom and show her the site.  We happened to have an excellent photoagrapher who assured my sister when she got there that she could keep the hotel patio's out of the pictures.  After a brief run in with my mother who was not pleased with the service or site Diana sent her assistant to greet the rest of the wedding party the next day at the reshersal.  Her name is Sharron, and We would all recommend her to anyone.  Neither the my sister(the bride) or my mother was ever contacted again from Diana.  The site is beautiful if u have the right photographer, and if u can request to work solely with Sharon our family would happily recommend this site for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards