New York-New York City

Alterations? Questioning the Kleinfeld recomendation....

Hi!

I bought my dress at the Kleinfeld sample sale in December. There was a seamstess there from Pinpoint Bridal who was there to tell you how much to expect to pay for alterations. I was totally fine with going to her (as they recomend her) until I started reading some seriously negative reviews online! Now I'm super nervous to bring my dress there.

Can anyone recomend somewhere else in NYC or Long Island that they've used and LOVED? My wedding is in December so no rush. Also my mom would like to be able to use the same seamstress for her dress alterations. Thanks!!

Re: Alterations? Questioning the Kleinfeld recomendation....

• Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you cannot have it altered at kleinfeld? I would have recommended Stella there..
  • edited December 2011
    Any dress bought at their blow outs cannot be altered there.

My seamstress, who used to work for Kleinfelds, has been really good so far - she had to do a lot of work because of the lace on the hem and I bought a dress that's no longer sold and it was a size larger than it should be.  Plus, she's making me a jacket as I need coverage.

She's a bit pricey (at least to me) but it doesn't hurt to get an idea.  And depending on where you are, she'll come to you, even for a consult.  The Wedding Dresser, Susan Rudkin (she's on weddingwire.com and you may be able to find her on a google search, otherwise PM me).  And she'll also do your mom's dress as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards