Washington-Seattle

What are you paying for hair & make up?

What is reasonable for the bride?
What is reasonable for the BM? (I'm going to see if this quote is reasonable and ask them what they want to do).

Re: What are you paying for hair & make up?

• Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't finalized my hair yet, but I was quoted $50-75 for an updo (plus tip of course). 

The only time I was a BM, it was $20 to get my hair done. That was 5 years ago and I think I remember that the bride got us a discount since there was a group of us. 

I'm doing my own makeup and did my own as a BM, so I am no help there. :)
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always get my hair and makeup done as a BM. I'm the sort who likes that kind of thing. =)

As far as what's reasonable, my hair person and makeup artist both charged $75 for BMs and they all wanted it except one (not required). (The one who didn't got her hair and makeup done on her own for less $$.) I ended up paying for their hair for them.
  • edited December 2011
    I would pay to get my hair done of course but I think I'm pretty good at doing my own makeup, if I wasnt though I would totally pay! I'd want to look pretty and nice for all those pictures too! I gave my BM the option but said if they wanted to do their own they could do that too!
  • edited December 2011

i thought i had a mua but she hasn't gotten back to me with a contract so i might be looking for one again.. i think just to be safe i'm gonna book appts for me and all my girls at gene juarez.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Most the MUAs I came across ran $250-300 for hair and makeup (including trial) of course some ran more.  BMs ran about half that.  I'm getting my hair and makeup for $190 (incl. trial and airbrush) and the BMs are each paying $90 (regular makeup, no trial). 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

For hair and make up for me it is 155... She doesn't charge different for BM. That does not include a trial. Trial runs are another 155.

imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think 300 total is reasonable for the bride..i have no idea what i paid right now since i had a last minute change in MUA and i wrote checks out to 4 different people for doing misc hair/makeup.

either way, as a BM, i wouldn't pay 80 for hair...just too steep for my budget (and i love spending money/getting pampered). if it were 60 for hair, i'd do it...i don't like paying for makeup, since i always feel like i do it better myself...the only time i've paid for makeup was wedding (worth it) and prom (i looked like a ghost).
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd pay to get both done, if only because I would like to be as uniform with other people as possible. Plus, it feels like it'd be this great little bonding experience prior to the ceremony, with all of us getting hair and make up done together. :)
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards