Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Help me come up with a theme party costume.

The theme is "the internet."

And go.

Also, I have a dress fitting and bar crawl tomorrow. And the party is tomorrow night. And I have a freaking wedding in two weeks. So it needs to be fast and cheap. Thanks!
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: Help me come up with a theme party costume.

• Options

How many people are you going with?  Like showing up to the party with?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Al Gore? 
  • Options
    Actually, Al Gore is going to be the special guest.

I'm just going with FI. It's a joint birthday party for 2 of our friends who are dating. Dude-friend said he might piss himself if someone comes dressed like a flying toaster. But I don't have the time or inclination for awesome costumes like that.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh, Mandy has a good thought.  If I were going with other people, I think we'd all choose freaky fetishes (Adult babies and Furries spring to mind) that are now commonplace on the internets.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010

You could go as your Facebook profile, a la:

You could probably do this pretty quickly.

• Options

My friend dressed up as a text message one year.

Four of them all wore black and they each had a huge letter on the front of their body. 

They were W T F ?  And on the back they were T T Y L.  They walked around side by side all night.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options

My first thought was the dancing baby

• Options
    Maybe you could be a youtube meme, like maybe putting on a ton of t-shirts or being the Numa Numa guy or something like that? 
  • Options
    I should really just see what FI can come up with.

But yes, OWN and Mandy, you have great points. Thanks!

I think dancing babies will probably make an appearance (unfortunately!). Hmm... what else...
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    What about that dancing baby?

• Options
    I would wear a huge cardboard tube (like a supersized paper towell insert) and call myself a "you tube"
  • Options
    Ahh, sorry, didn't see everyone's dancing baby comments before I posted that...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_come-up-theme-party-costume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a4fda36-8a4a-4fc3-8e85-fce6a71d0b03Post:694661bf-fe19-4392-9f9c-b652976118c9">Re: Help me come up with a theme party costume.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend dressed up as a text message one year. Four of them all wore black and they each had a huge letter on the front of their body.  They were W T F ?  And on the back they were T T Y L.  They walked around side by side all night.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

That is freaking awesome.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    OR you could wear one of those sandwich boards and be a "message board"
  • Options
    Oh man, you and FI should go as JT/Andy Sandberg from the D!ck in a Box or the Mother Lover videos. Probably would just require a trip to the thrift store and some fake facial hair! I'm going off watch the Mother Lover video again. It's my fav!
  • Options
    I should shoot myself in the head and go as "myspace."
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I wonder how you could dress up as a virus?

Or a firewall? 

• Options
    How about dressing up as a security guard or cop and being "internet security"? 
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_come-up-theme-party-costume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a4fda36-8a4a-4fc3-8e85-fce6a71d0b03Post:0b92a842-563e-4997-bf7d-6af55d330c8c">Re: Help me come up with a theme party costume.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder how you could dress up as a virus? <strong>Or a firewall?</strong> 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Cardboard box painted to look like a brick wall, with flames on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that's actually the Microsoft icon for their firewall dealy.
  • Options
    Moral of the story: I need to find a box. I think I can pull that off. I have a lot of wedding stuff piled in boxes around the house.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

Your FI could dress up as Perez Hilton :)  You could go as GaGa...Perez calls her his "wifey".

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_come-up-theme-party-costume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a4fda36-8a4a-4fc3-8e85-fce6a71d0b03Post:6559effc-6eed-4710-8cda-814dfe5d1cf0">Re: Help me come up with a theme party costume.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about that dancing baby?
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about haha
  • Options
    The AOL yellow runner. Easy to make, still recognizable, and it's hard not to notice.
  • Options
    You could dress up as a double rainbow :)
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dont know if it would work, but you could try to the Ipod shadow... ya know, all black outfit, dancing like crazy with your ipod in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards