Arizona-Phoenix

questions for anyone who is or has done a "first look"

I'm having trouble fitting it into my timeline without being "seen" by guests that will be arriving early to the ceremony.

How did you fit it into your day-of timeline?
Where was it at your venue?
How did you make it so other guests didn't see you? (as in, if it was at an outdoor venue)
How was it staged or set up?

Bonus: If you did a first look and got married at Ashley Manor, I'm curious to hear what you did cuz that's where I'm getting married.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: questions for anyone who is or has done a "first look"

• edited December 2011
    I haven't spoken with my photog about this yet, but I'm hoping we can do our first look off site, 2 or 3 miles away at another site I have picked out.  That would eliminate guests running into us, and it would give us time to be with each other (an excuse to escape from the wedding party and parents for a bit :P )
  • edited December 2011
    We did one at the venue.  There was not a way to get both my husband and I somewhere other than the venue and the first look took 15 min or less so I dont know if it would have been worth the stress to go somewhere else.  Additionally, we started hair at 9am and makeup at noon and there was not a second to spare before my 4pm ceremony.

I  didnt really think about people being there early because I am never early anywhere I go.  So, some of the guest who arrived early saw us and it really didnt both me.  On the day of there were so many other things that were more important that we just went with the flow. 

From everything I read there was not a real reason for the guests not to see the bride, it was always the groom was not supposed to see the bride prior to the wedding.  So, unless you found something that states otherwise, then I would say that if you are throwing one out of the window then it is not a huge deal to throw the other one out as well.

BTW - I was extremely happy we did one.
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Ashley Manor as well, and also planning to do a "first look".  I wonder if they can't sneak you to the grounds of the Castle to do your first look since all of your guests will be at the Manor.  I'm sure the girls there have dealt with this before and should have some good ideas.  Good luck!!!
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_questions-anyone-done-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:7731e90d-b59e-4da5-920f-b70355dc8b7cPost:c020b72c-ba2e-4ab6-8290-c0ccf7b256aa">Re: questions for anyone who is or has done a "first look"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't spoken with my photog about this yet, but I'm hoping we can do our first look off site, 2 or 3 miles away at another site I have picked out.  That would eliminate guests running into us, and it would give us time to be with each other (an excuse to escape from the wedding party and parents for a bit :P )
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Oh, let me know what he says!  I was wanting to do this, too. 
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it. It was great. Our photog scheduled it 2 1/2 hours before the wedding. We did it near our ceremony site because there was a beautifuk rock wall and amazingly green grass. It was just the two of us and our 2 photogs. It was great. We did our pictures immediately after. We were tucked back into our dressing rooms 1/2 hour before the wedding. I am an advocate for first looks. Took most of my nerves away for the cememony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards