Snarky Brides

unpop ops

Re: unpop ops

• I love Britney Spears. I hate when stores try to trick you with sales. I was at Old Navy today for their $6 sale. I purposely only went to the sale tables. When I go to cash out only half of it was $6. It also wasn't like 1 random shirt that may have been put there by accident, it was piles of the same shirt. So when I tell the girl I don't want the full price stuff she gets all huffy with me. Either get price check machines or place the merchandise correctly. Its not my fault you falsely advertised. Im not paying $15 bucks for your t shirts.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:d08b2f6b-e1aa-45f8-8531-0d8399881d0c">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh gross, Wiscy. GROSS! AATB, almost ALL jobs say they require experience, but why wouldn't she apply anyway? Somehow somewhere people get experience.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!  Gah.
    panther
  • See, Scott and I cheer for the same teams, so we're able to sulk together. :(

DJ, I agree with that. I don't like being judged for what I read, listen to, watch... it's down time. They are way to entertain ME and get MY mind off of whatever is going on at work or whatever. Why do people care how I choose to entertain myself as long as I'm not like...killing people for fun or anything, ya know?

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I also love Brit Brit, Blue.

In fact, friends of mine and myself had shirts made and rented a limo to go to her concert in grand forks. NO SHAME. NONE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:864f2442-e586-4579-b2e0-06484cf12827">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>LC and Alli - Archer is the best ever.  and Alli, I laughed out loud at the "wee baby Kieran."</strong> I hate U2.  Hate them.  Hate that they get played on our classic rock radio station.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Yay! I am so glad someone else gets the reference!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2011
    This was before I started losing weight, so I hate all of these pictures, but whatever.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh, I've got another one.

I don't care that Oprah went off the air. Whie I admire that she got people reading with her book club, I don't care otherwise.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:052359ab-fc44-4ba7-a4fd-840ae9d68ef1">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Yay! I am so glad someone else gets the reference!
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>Is Kieran going to get an Alli tattoo on his shoulder?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:53e79c57-2e38-475a-a908-9688320a668a">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Is Kieran going to get an Alli tattoo on his shoulder?
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

But of course!
  • I'm with all of the people who generally don't want to be judged for their entertainment choices. I'm working on my freaking Ph.D., so I think that should be plenty smart for most people, thank you very much. But sometimes I want to read something other than books of essays about the plight of the Civil War veteran in the 1870s. And sometimes that's Harry Potter. And sometimes then I want to talk about what it would be like to switch genders using Polyjuice Potion, because I overthink everything. Also, in general, I think it's more interesting to explain why you don't like some pop-culture thing from a standpoint of actually having experienced it, which is why I read the Twilight books.

And since it's looking like an unpopular opinion in this thread, I freaking love DWTS. I love ballroom in general, and do it myself, so it's nice to see ballroom on the TV. Also, I feel like the show hearkens back to some earlier decade of television when the channels were filled with variety shows and performers, and I like that. And there are so many sequins! And Tom Bergeron. And there's this girl on the Entertainment Weekly website who writes hilarious recaps that are almost more entertaining than the show itself. Plus, I'm at the point now where I watch it more for the pros I like than for the "stars", most of whom I have never heard of. But I will agree with anybody who thinks this season blew, because it did.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Hi there,

Here I am, late to a thread AGAIN! Damn time zones.
    Unpop Op:

I also don't get what the HP and Twilight hype is all about. I don't judge the people who love it, but it doesn't do a damn thing for me. BFD. But, if you love either one of those series, good for you. That's great.

I also think it's dumb for someone to let the fact that their sports team lost to ruin their mood/day/week/life...but that's because I don't give a shiit about sports. Sorry. My ex was obsessed with them...it's all he did. I thank God every day that the man I am going to marry doesn't give a flying fvck about sports, or video games. I make a point to thank him often for this.

I dislike Britney Spears very much. I don't think she is talented, and I just see her as typical white trash, who happened to make a couple of best selling albums. But, those albums don't cancel out her overall trainwreckedness for me.

I watched that Lady Gaga show last night on MTV. I must say, she was kind of interesting. Captivating really. I like her.

Also don't give a shiit about:
    Dancing with the Stars
    Glee
    True Blood
    Grey's Anatomy
    Madmen

I think these shows are really dumb. And yes, I have watched them, and no, I do not judge those who find them entertaining.

And macaroni and cheese is gross. Yes, I have eaten it. Still don't like it. It's nasty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • You....don't like...mac and cheese?

The Margarita Evolution
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i was reading an article the other day about how girls are going into puberty as early as 7 - that absolutely horrifies me - they said it wasnt *ab*normal but really?? i hit puberty at 11 and it was awful. they dont know whats causing it but i think thats bunk.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:0bc011de-238e-4923-9fb8-b4730201d7ca">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]You....don't like...mac and cheese?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

No, I do not...I'm sorry. I'm weird.
     Even though I really like cheese, a lot. I think the mac n' cheese is powdery..and yes, I have mixed in the milk. It still seems powdery!
  • My sister only likes mac and cheese from the box and not the awesomeness that is homemade mac and cheese with white sauce and co-jack cheese and soy sauce.  Omg.  I just don't get it.  NO.
    panther
  • I didn't know people like this existed! I would have starved in college without easymac!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:0a258f77-91b3-4e07-9938-b1f08e58253c">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister only likes mac and cheese from the box and not the awesomeness that is homemade mac and cheese with white sauce and co-jack cheese and soy sauce.  Omg.  I just don't get it.  NO.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

See, I need to try something homemade like this.That sounds pretty good. Then I think I would like it.
    When I was little (like 10 years old or so), I had the same dilemma. So, I had a brilliant idea to make homemade mac and cheese. I tried melting a block of cheese in a sauce pan. It did not work out well.
  • You know who makes an awesome mac and cheese?

NUGGS GRAMMA.

TRUE. FACTS.

The Margarita Evolution
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Paradise Bakery has fantastic white mac and cheese.  Seriously.  It's amazing.
  • Does anyone else feel like Kraft spirals mac and cheese tastes different than regular kraft mac and cheese? I think it tastes better but I wouldn't think the recipe is any different.

On the homemade note, do you guys start with a bechamel sauce? I have tried so many times, and it never turns out right. It never melts the cheese right, it ends up really stringy. I would love to make homemade mac and cheese more often, but it just ends up frustrating me.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    mac and cheese made with velveeta is amazing. a cheese crust on top is a must, too.
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I don't like mac and cheese either. I like pasta, and I like cheese, but for some reason I can't get into eating the two of them together like that.

And Fishy, I survived college on ramen and peanut butter sandwiches.
  • I have to say I loved the HP series.

I HATE twilight. Ever since seeing/reading twilight it makes me cringe at a lot of the vampire shows out right now, Vampire Diaries especially. I really enjoy Vampire Diaries but I get agitated when I get that twilight feel from it lol.

Reality tv drives me insane.

As for the books topic.. I hate being placed in a "morbid" or "dark" category due to the books I choose to read. Yes I enjoy reading horror, mystery, sci fi and high fantasy but that does not make me as a person warped.

I also think it's really disrespectful when there are 6 or more other empty bathroom stalls and the people who are not in need of handicap assistance use the handicap stalls. Countless times I have seen someone come in that is handicapped or seriously in need of that stall have to wait for it just because someone didn't want to go in the smaller regular stall. /end bathroom rant.

Mara- I couldn't agree more with you about your hillbilly rant!
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment

I would eat homemade mac n' cheese (or even Annie's Organic boxed) every day if I could. I would also be a cheesatarian if it wouldn't kill me.

Photobucket
  • I freaking love Mac n cheese! I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for mac n cheese lol.

I am un natural in the sense I don't care for "gourmet" mac n cheese. Give the boxed stuff I'm good.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I have never watched AI or the Bachelor.  I don't get the love of DWTS either.

But I LOVE mac and cheese.  The real stuff.  I probably need to be drunk to really want the boxed stuff.

I make baked mac and cheese with a crunchy top (parmesan, breadcrumbs and garlic salt with a little bit of olive oil).  Yum.
  • Nebb, I saved this picture last night for you:

99.99% sure you have pugs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh yeah, I ate lots of Ramen and PB, too.

Oh those were the days.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:3c1191f6-1ce2-44c5-81bd-4b6714dc3c30">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would eat homemade mac n' cheese (or even Annie's Organic boxed) every day if I could.<strong> I would also be a cheesatarian if it wouldn't kill me.</strong>
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

QFT.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:853a8aa3-5665-478a-a513-037272ce17e2">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mara- I couldn't agree more with you about your hillbilly rant!
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]
    Yay! I knew I wasn't the only one. And I've noticed that the longer I live in the city, the more I detest it and desperately want to move back out to the country where my neighbors are at least a mile from me. It's a combination of things, but the thing I hate most about this city? The drivers. I swear to you all, they are worse than in NY, Chicago or LA. Promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards