North Carolina-Outer Banks

Who Is New Here??

2»

Re: Who Is New Here??

• JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi to all the newbies (I look like one from my join date but had to make a name switcheroo).  Sorry for only calling out one person in my earlier post, I was clearly drinking some vino and only paid attention to the latest post, duh me.

So WELCOME everyone and CONGRATS!  Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and getting you input on everything. 

OBX2011, whats the deal with moderator status?  You are clearly the most welcoming and helpful person in the whole wide WORLD!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Kelsey and I am getting married in Duck (I think, maybe Hatteras) June 2, 2012!  We plan on having the ceremony on the beach then the reception back at a rental house on the sound.  Which we have not found yet, we do have two favorites though!  I hope we make a decision soon because I hear places get booked a year in advance.  Any suggestions on vendors would be greatly appreciated.  I have already read some great ideas.  I look forward to chatting and sharing ideas with everyone!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:5f9177ec-ec5f-46b7-a83c-bc1a7615e1fa">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi to all the newbies (I look like one from my join date but had to make a name switcheroo).  Sorry for only calling out one person in my earlier post, I was clearly drinking some vino and only paid attention to the latest post, duh me. So WELCOME everyone and CONGRATS!  Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and getting you input on everything.  OBX2011, whats the deal with moderator status?  You are clearly the most welcoming and helpful person in the whole wide WORLD!
    Posted by JAK33[/QUOTE]

Awww thanks lovie!  I don't know?  Maybe we should PM Knot Annie and tell her what's up.....

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Kelsey and congrats on your engagment!

This is a very exciting time in your life so remember to follow that checklist (it's your bible) and take deep breaths and several chugs, not sips, of wine every now and again.

Soooo....which 2 places are you considering?  Have you picked a theme or colors yet?

• yanmommayanmomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JAK and OBX (yay! September wedding!)!  I'm so glad that there is this forum for brides (and grooms) to help each other out!

We found and booked a second house where we will actually be allowed to have the reception- Cinnamon Heaven through Resort Realty. The event fee was $2,000! but we were able to talk them down to $1500 and there is no deposit. I am breathing a lot easier now!

Also, FI's ring came in yesterday! If you are looking for a ring for your FI, I recommend Larson's Jewelers. http://www.larsonjewelers.com/ We got a deal on the Novell ring of my FI's dreams through them. They had the best prices and they seem to always have a 20% off coupon on the site.

Next on the list is getting my ring!

My colors are kind of the rainbow. I saw this photo online and I just loved these flowers so much that one of my friends hunted the bride down and found out where she bought hers at in LA.  http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee286/daisyvarley/kristen%20and%20matt%20wedding/IMG_9516.jpg . I happened to be out in San Diego a few months ago so I went to the same place and bought a bunch.

BTW, I forgot to include that I am also a DC-area bride! I live in Burtonsville right now but I will probably be moving to NOVA after the wedding.
  • jlbeuckejlbeucke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @OBX - I would love to see some of your stuff that will be for sale! 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011

I will take some pics and post them....but if I don't post them within a week, then just send me a reminder.  I feel like I have been somewhat forgetful lately with all of these last minute planning details....so I may need that reminder, lol.

I will have lots and lots of the 5 finger pencil starfish...the white ones and will probably have some sugar ones mixed in, but mainly the white ones.

If I can ever find them, I will also be selling my glass cylinders that I am using for my centerpieces, but am having a really hard time finding the right size and we have looked at Garden Ridge, Michael's, Wal-Mart, etc and stilllll can't find the perfect ones.

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:5f9177ec-ec5f-46b7-a83c-bc1a7615e1fa">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi to all the newbies (I look like one from my join date but had to make a name switcheroo).  Sorry for only calling out one person in my earlier post, I was clearly drinking some vino and only paid attention to the latest post, duh me. So WELCOME everyone and CONGRATS!  Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and getting you input on everything.  <strong>OBX2011, whats the deal with moderator status?</strong>  You are clearly the most welcoming and helpful person in the whole wide WORLD!
    Posted by JAK33[/QUOTE]

@OBX, I sent you a PM about this.
  • mandafite821mandafite821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi, My name is Amanda and I am new here as well.  I live in charlotte, but my fiance and I vacation in the outer banks and love it!  His name is Owen.  We are getting married at the Love Boat on May 5th, 2012.

We met about 2 years ago.  I am an ER nurse, and he is a paramedic (now applying to med school, and will hopefully get in somewhere!) and we met in the ER, and have been best friends ever since!  

We have just starting planning, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I have not picked any colors yet.  We are hoping to do BBQ for the reception dinner.  We are going to provide our own alcohol, and do our own decorations as well too.  

Good luck everyone with planning!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:99c52e4e-6496-4e72-9a1c-ef2bd8ac02ab">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, My name is Amanda and I am new here as well.  I live in charlotte, but my fiance and I vacation in the outer banks and love it!  His name is Owen.  We are getting married at the Love Boat on May 5th, 2012. We met about 2 years ago.  I am an ER nurse, and he is a paramedic (now applying to med school, and will hopefully get in somewhere!) and we met in the ER, and have been best friends ever since!   We have just starting planning, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I have not picked any colors yet.  We are hoping to do BBQ for the reception dinner.  We are going to provide our own alcohol, and do our own decorations as well too.   Good luck everyone with planning!
    Posted by mandafite821[/QUOTE]

Welcome!  We were just married last month in the OBX, but I decided to stick around a little while longer. :)  My husband starts med school August 1st.  It was a long journey through all the applications and interviews, so I definitely relate to what you're going through.  Welcome, aboard! 
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda & welcome!  Congrats to you and Owen for choosing such a beautiful place to get married in.

I believe that Hibiscus also got married at The Love Boat last year so she is a great person to ask questions about the house, etc.

You have definitely come to the right board!  We are all here if you need anything along the way.

P.S.  I hear that High Cotton BBQ is really good

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Emily, my fiance is Joel. We are from Richmond, VA and we're both teachers.
    Wedding date: June 23, 2012
    Colors: Orange and Pink
    We're getting married at Pelican's Landing in Corolla, they are owned by Coastal Provisions Catering, so that was two vendor decisions in one! (Three if you count ceremony/reception as two).
    Our photographer(s): Matt and Sarah Stanton mattstantonart.com They are still getting started so still have "beginner" prices, but my friend recently got married and they came highly recommended. We met with them, they are fantastic people, so we signed our contract!
    Everything else is still pretty much up in the air. Well, of course I have all kinds of ideas but nothing else has been signed on the dotted line for. :)

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Emily and welcome to the board!  Congratulations on choosing the OBX....it's such a gorgeous location!

Brent and I are from the Richmond area too....small world :)

I love your choice of colors....orange and pink go so good together!

All of the ladies and 1 gent (PhillyBoy) are absolutely wonderful and we are all here to help in any way that we can.  There is also a FB group "OBX 2011 Knotties" so feel free to join....it's sometimes easier chatting there than here :)

Again, congrats to you and yours!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards