Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Cruiseport Gloucseter Ma

looking to get married at the Cruiseport of Gloucester Ma was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? 

Re: Cruiseport Gloucseter Ma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at it briefly early last year... very pretty place! And I think it was recently redone... I don't know anybody who's been married there though.
    Lol sorry I wasn't much help...
  • Options
    lny675lny675 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am having my reception there in October of this year.  I personally do not know of anyone who has had their reception there....but a few people I know have attended weddings at Cruiseport and have had nothing but postive things to say about it.

Tammie, the function manager at Cruiseport, has been wonderful to work with. She has been in the "wedding business" for years (as she worked at the The Commons in Topsfield for a very long time before moving to Cruiseport). 

Good Luck with the planning!

• Options
    cefitz7cefitz7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also having my reception at Cruiseport this June.  Personally, I have not attended any weddings at Cruiseport, however one of my friends actually was the one who recommended I hold my reception there. She attended a wedding there, and she said it was great! 

I also attended the open house they held a few weeks ago, and I loved it.  They also just signed on with Vinwood Catering as their exclusive caterers.  Before, you had to find your own caterer. 

Also, due to the economy, the price for 2010 is $1,100 cheaper than when I signed on last year. 

Tammie is also great to work with!

• Options
    lny675lny675 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Cefitz7,

I just read your post. Is the room rental fee w/Cruiseport $1100 cheaper?????? I signed with them in December of 2009 so I'm just curious.....
  • Options
    Lildaisy628Lildaisy628 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October 2010.  While I haven't attended a wedding there, my coworkers sister got married there and said it was amazing!  A friend of my Dad's also attended a wedding there and raved about how good the food was (Vinwood).   Tamie has been great to work with so far... always quick to respond to any questions I have.  Good luck if that's where you choose - it's a gorgeous spot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited! image 123 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out
  • Options
    cefitz7cefitz7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Iny675,

Yep!  It's $1,100 cheaper...for me anyway.  I signed way back in Sept. 2008 and the 2010 rate was $6,000.  I went to an open house in January of this year, and the information given to everyone said the new 2010 rate was $4,900.  So I was a little confused as to why the price went down.  When I called them and asked what the rate I had to pay was, they said that even though the new rate is $4,900, I am still contracted for $6,000, so I still have to pay what is under my contract.

Which isnt right...I signed a contract early on and they are charging me $1,100 more than any new brides that sign on with them.  

I'm not sure what you are contracted for, they might have already changed the 2010 rate to $4,900 when you signed.

They said it was due to the economy.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards