Vermont
Options

questions about average wedding costs

This is still the early stages of our wedding planning, but I was curious to see what people thought about a quote I recieved.  I am located in southern vermont with not a lot of catering choices, so I found a place in nearby ny state(about 30 minute drive).  The place is beautiful only books one wedding per day, give us use of the facility which includes a formal dining room and a glass enclosed reception room, with bar. They have beautiful safari style cane chairs so no seat covers are needed. Our ceremony can be held here for no additional fee, the meal includes a sit down dinner, salad,rolls; choice of beef, chicken or fish with sides. There is a bridal lounge and room for the groom to prepare as well.  This includes linens and a bartender.  The price is 49/pp not including tax or 19% gratuity.  I really dont know what the average cost would be if I broke it down with having to rent a facility, pay a caterer, rent linens, bartender fee, possibly rent a tent/table/chairs etc.  Does this seem like a good deal?

Re: questions about average wedding costs

• Options
    It's a really good deal, particularly if that already includes hors d'oeuvres and cake. If it doesn't, it's an average deal a lot of the more inexpensive indoor venues average that amount, so if you really like it but want a better deal, see if they'll throw in a free hors d'oeuvres option and/ or wedding cake. If you're planning really early, as I have been, I've noticed vendors have been pulling out all the stops when they know that I'm planning to sign up a venue by the month's end for a date far down the road.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards