June 2013 Weddings
Options

Ladies!! I need some advice!

So, one of my best friends. She met her bf about  2 1/2 months ago!. They started talking wedding related stuff after 3 weeks!. And they set a "date" about 1 1/2 into there relationship. Well she called me and told me he bought her an engagement ring!
 I been with my BF  for almost 2 years. And we just started to talk about weddings.
 So, im asking you  do you ladies think a marriage could last?How  can you enjoy your time together if your just busy talking about babies and marriage? Im just lost! Im trying to be happy and excited  for her. But i barely even know him!. How can i be excited when i dont even know him? She plans to get married next year. Any insight? Or anything... i just feel they are rushing something that shouldnt be rushed. And im worried ... Thanks for everything.

Re: Ladies!! I need some advice!

• Options

One of my very dear friends met, dated, got engaged to, and married a guy in about 4 months. No pregnancy, no military, no nothing. They just felt they were right for each other and wanted to be together - ps, we were 29 at the time! They have been happily married since, and she just gave birth to twins a few months ago!

I was a little shocked at first (I straight-up asked her if she was pregnant!) but I decided that all I could do was be loving and supportive and happy WITH them. And if it didn't last, I'd be there for her!

So my advice? Be happy and excited! And if it doesn't last, don't tell her you had your doubts - just be her shoulder to cry on! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards