Favors
Options

Jones Soda Bottles

Has anyone ever done personalized soda bottles (such as Jones) for their favors?  I think its something different but could end up being quite expensive.  I'm willing to splurge a little jsut because its something I've always wanted to do.  FI and I are having pin-up style photos done for our engagement photos (nothing revealing, just 50s style with fun costumes and hair and makeup) and I thought it would be a really colorful favor to have green apple soda with our engagment pictures on it. 

Also, if you have purchased sodas (Jones, or a similar company you'd like to suggest), was the delivery date accurate?  Diud you think it was worth the $$?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jones Soda Bottles

• Options
    kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I should mention I'm not only asking for myself, but my friend is thinking of maybe doing something similar and her wedding is Sept 2011.  I promise I'm not buying favors already for my wedding in 2 years lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the girls on the September 2011 board was going to do this, she went to the Jone's Soda site and designed her labels and everything with soda in her wedding colors. Then she went to check out and the shipping turned out to be prohibitively expensive. I don't remember the exact amount, but she posted it to the board and it was just crazy.

What she ended up doing was buying a bunch of soda in cases from a local store, and then printed her own custom labels. This was a much more cost effective option and the end result was the same. 

HTH!
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since I live in Texas, it is somewhat popular here to do bottles of Dublin Dr. Pepper (the plant is in Waco, Texas).  It's cute, especially for an outdoor or spring//summer wedding.  The girls just buy the bottles off the website and then usually just personalize them with favor tags.
  • Options
    caramcd86caramcd86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Atlanta and my FI is obsessed with Coca Cola, so I'm buying 8oz glass bottles and then putting favor tags on them. We're getting married in July and the wedding is pretty laid back, so we figured it would be a nice favor. We don't want to cover up the original Coke logo, but you could always make your own labels to cover the bottles. 
  • Options
    kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well my wedding will be relatively small and when I added it all up it came to like $450...which like I said I am willing to spend just becuase its something I've always thought was cute and I want to do.  My friend, however, has a much larger guest list and hers would have ended up costing i think close to like $1000, so yea...that idea is out for her.  But we do have a Pepsi plant in Philadelphia and in Delaware so maybe thats an idea too.  I have seen where you can print your own custom labels!  Thanks ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alberta853alberta853 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea! It is something different, not your normal generic favor that no one will appreciate. I think the idea of buying your own labels to apply to the soda bottle is a great idea.
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves Jones Soda, but there is no way in heck we could afford these as favors at the wedding.  Instead, I think I am going to get them as a surprise for him at the rehearsal dinner.  I would only need 3 cases, which I could afford.  Just an idea.  

The website has a spot for coupon codes, so there must be some out there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to buy it for my wedding and the bottles were going to come to about $500 for 20 cases (12 bottles per case) and I was willing to spend that until the shipping cost was $500.  So I really don't think $1000 is worth it. 
    One case (12 bottles) is $29.99 and shipping for that one case is $26. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards