Pennsylvania
Options

video??

I am considering having video at my wedding.  At first we decided not to but now the more i talk to people they say I will regret it if I don't.  I browsed around and found a guy by the name of william J hynes.  He said for 6 hrs of footage it will be $400.  He said if we edit it down to highlight reel it will be an extra $450 or $750 for whole package.  I am not too concerned with the editing I think I just want something to look back on to remember the day.  Has anyone heard of him or have anyone else to recommend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: video??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ok honestly, if video is not super important to you, i wouldn't hire someone.  My dad has a digital video camera and now brings it to all weddings and does the video -- he hates to dance and he hates small talk, so doing video (just the ceremony, first dances, speeches, etc.) has been great for him -- we had a 16 year old male cousin do it for our wedding because he was miserable having to be there.  We bought him a $25 gift card to Banes and Noble for doing it -- if you have someone who is a teenager or a close family member who would want to video it, I'd just do that.  My dad loves doing it at weddings - he's done 5 since my wedding 18 months ago and finds it much more relaxing than having to figure out who to sit with or who to talk to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ xlizellx ....Can I hire your dad? LOL ALthough I am only partially joking.
    I am looking for video... I would really love to have one but they are just so expensive.
    @ Shori140 what is this guys contact info? I wouldn't mind talking with him. DId you end up booking him?
    Please get back to me at my personal email punkie101@aol.com... I check it far more often.
    Thanks and happy planning.
  • Options
    Just wanted to come back and add that I did go ahead and hire William Hynes. He charged us $600 for 6 hours of coverage and $50 each additional hour. We paid a total of $700 for all day coverage. It includes 6 edited copies of our wedding dvd, 1 raw footage dvd of everything caught on camera and a highlight reel. We loved him. Just got our video back and it was perfect. So highly recommend him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards