Michigan-Detroit

Say "I do" in maize and blue.........from today's paper........

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon sees your special day in a very special maize and blue way. "We have fans and alums who would love to get married on the Block M," Brandon said of the famous logo at the 50-yard line of Michigan Stadium.

"Can't you see the wedding procession coming out of the tunnel, under the M Go Blue banner? You have folding chairs set up on the field, you get married on the Block M, and everyone comes up the tunnel, then up the elevators, and you've got all these spaces up here (in the suites). You could have a reception for hundreds of people up here."

Brandon plans to hire an individual who will market Michigan Stadium weddings and parties. That person will set the price for the special events

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101223/SPORTS0201/12230409/Say-‘I-do’-in-maize-and-blue#ixzz19LMD4jQS

Re: Say "I do" in maize and blue.........from today's paper........

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ack...as a diehard Spartan I nearly broke out in hives reading that ;)

Although I'm thankful MSU doesn't have this because I know Todd would have wanted it and I want to keep my wedding separate from a tailgate party.  Although I think I am losing that battle with every idea that he is coming up with...
  • jsmn266jsmn266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( I'm so sad because I asked my fi to inquire about this forever ago and he kept sending me in circles ::sigh::
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_say-maize-bluefrom-todays-paper?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:7a9ea5f8-e2e5-4a0d-af6f-b3a48d9f1970Post:0a6bfa1d-d2a2-4d12-a027-cf36c6b8b0fa">Re: Say "I do" in maize and blue.........from today's paper........</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ack...as a diehard Spartan I nearly broke out in hives reading that ;) Although I'm thankful MSU doesn't have this because I know Todd would have wanted it and I want to keep my wedding separate from a tailgate party.  Although I think I am losing that battle with every idea that he is coming up with...
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Ditto Spartans rule and I am so glad that is not an option or else I could have a problem on my hands!
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto with emartson and the FI trying to turn the wedding into a tailgate/frat party!  I would be afraid to even ask what the cost of having your wedding at the big house is though!  I couldn't even get a straight answer from the ticket office when I asked what the cost of season football tickets were! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards