African American Weddings

Coordinator for the day

Is anyone hiring a coordinator just for the day? If so how much is she charging? I am going to interview 2 folks this week. Thanks in advance.

imageAnniversary

Re: Coordinator for the day

• I did. She is charging is 325 including the rehearsal. I thought I didn't need one but I was wrong. I need one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am having a day of coordinator..she is dong the RD and wedding..thank God she is a close friend of the family and is only charging 150 ! I say if you can squeeze it your budget do it..will need someone to reinforce the days events !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • I have a doc included in my venue package. I am still thinking of bringing someone from the outside in too. Just don't want to stress over any details that day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have one. She was having a special so we got her for $200.
  • I will have one and think it's definitely necessary.  A bride does not need to worry about anything on her wedding day.  Luckily my day of cordinator is included with my venue, as well as a bridal attendant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    OOO you guys found bargains my lady charges about $700 for DOC , my friend got one for $50 an hour
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I have one, but she is FREE!!  She is looking to break out on her own, so I am her test case (oh hell).  I do have my cousin working alongside her, and my friend who is an event planner will be be checking in on everything on the low.  I will tip her about $150 at the end of the night though.
  • I am hiring one and she charges 500.00 for day before and day of....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_coordinator-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:84f9dfc3-f5f8-4bee-80ee-dfbf0186a1d1Post:61e8e617-3736-46ec-8868-f96966a8057a">Re: Coordinator for the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have one, but she is FREE!!  She is looking to break out on her own, so I am her test case (oh hell).  I do have my cousin working alongside her, and my friend who is an event planner will be be checking in on everything on the low.  I will tip her about $150 at the end of the night though.
    Posted by cassy1294[/QUOTE]

All the same here. Only difference, It's my Mentee/good friend, tho. Also have a cousin that will second her and of course, my mom who has planned a few wedding profesisonally. I also get a DOC at the venue with the costs.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Thanks ladies. One thing you don't know about me is that I am frugal. I might just put my relatives to work for free. lol
    imageAnniversary
  • Mine is 250...shes a classmate and trying to get into the business..i did all the major stuff so I can trust her will all the minor hiccups the day of..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_coordinator-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:84f9dfc3-f5f8-4bee-80ee-dfbf0186a1d1Post:cf782bb3-a078-4a90-bd22-67723dfba827">Re: Coordinator for the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. One thing you don't know about me is that I am frugal. I might just put my relatives to work for free. lol
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Frugal is another thing we have in common. I have a DOC and she's charging $500 for the weekend. That is a pretty good price for my area, especially considering she'll be coming from 2 hrs away and has an assistant.

I was feeling pretty good about that until I met with the new catering director at my venue, who is working under the wing of the food and beverage manager for her first few events there. The two of the are a dream team and now I'm feeling like I have wasted money on a DOC. I'm trying to just think of it as "extra insurance" but the cheapo in me is screaming! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am hiring one for the day of with a charge of $300. I really think we need a day of coordinator to do all the tedious stuff and make my day not hectic........
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_coordinator-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:84f9dfc3-f5f8-4bee-80ee-dfbf0186a1d1Post:cf782bb3-a078-4a90-bd22-67723dfba827">Re: Coordinator for the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. One thing you don't know about me is that I am frugal. I might just put my relatives to work for free. lol
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Amen! Work them!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer and she can help you find amazing vendors within your budget.  She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

Her fee is reasonable and will not make a hole in your pocket.

Also check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Enjoy!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards