New York

Timing opinion...

Ok so, my ceremony is at 11:30a with rec 12-5 (i was hoping to keep some of the drunks from being an embarrassment) but Im being asked what time we should all meet up and heres my thought process but I need opinions.

8a- hair appt/makeup
9a- meet at my moms
*get dressed, sip on mimosas, take a few just BM pics*
11a-leave for ceremony
*its about a 20 min drive, so we should be there shortly before the ceremony at 11:30

Does that sound ok to you guys? I feel bad makin everyone get up so early...but with an early ceremony I dont have much of a choice ya know? Does 2 hours sound like enough time to get ready?

I went to my FSIL wedding and we met at 2:30 and had to leave around 4 and I hated that we were all just sitting around shootin the sht. I just wanted to get dressed and get going...so Im thinkin 2 hours should be good for everything. Then girls can get make up done (their choice)...yada yada.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Timing opinion...

• edited December 2011
    I think your timeline is good.... buuuuuuuuut.... I don't know if leaving at 11am for an 1130 ceremony is a good idea... even if it's only 20 min away.
    Someone is bound to be dragging, running a little late, forget something and have to run back inside half a dozen times... you know.  Plus the photographers usually want to snap a few last minute shots just before the ceremony.
    Personally, I would plan to leave no later than 1045, just to be safe.... but that's just me.  I am the queen of running late and forgetting things, so I have to allow extra time for such nonsense.   Smile
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thats nothing my ceremony was at 3 and me and my MOH's were up and at the salon at 8! Typically the men/ushers should be at the ceremony site at least 20 minutes early to walk people to their seats. The bride doesnt need to be there until like 5 min prior since all you have to do is walk out of the car/limo and down the aisle. unless you want pictures before. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well first....

How many people are getting their hair/makeup done with you at the salon? When I told the salon we needed to be ready to leave by 1 (to take pictures before the ceremony) she said we had to be there from 8am-11:30. I have 8 people in my wedding so that might be why I need more people. BUT there are 2 people doing hair and 2 doing make up. A friends wedding I was in this past June had 1 hair person, 1 makeup person and 6 people to get done. To be ready to leave at 1 I was in her room at 6:45!!!!!! So... I think it depends on how many people u have getting done at the salon with you. I would ask your salon for that time frame. I was shocked with how my time they need.

The getting dressed part my photographer timed out to be about 45 minutes... 15 for your bridesmaids to throw on their dresses, shoes etc and then about 30 for them to help you get into your and get all those wonderful photo ops! From there I agree with the above posts... Men need to be there early and you NEVER know what could happen on the way there. I would leave 45 minutes to get to the church. It sounds crazy to plan so much time but better safe than sorry. As long as you have some food and drinks there are sure to be some laughs if there is any down time :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I dont have specifics for hair and makeup. I requested that their hair be at least half up but Im letting them chose. Same with makeup. I cant fathom spending $50-100 for my own makeup lket alone my girls....so they get to do what they want where they want.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards