North Carolina

Cake Vendors in Raleigh

Does anyone have any cake vendors to recommend?  We are looking to spend $800 on 250 people.

Thanks in advance Cool

Re: Cake Vendors in Raleigh

• edited December 2011
    Check out www.ncbridebio.com.  I was informed of this gem on TK's NC board (and the Raleigh/Durham board) and love it for local recommendations.  

Also, a really good bakery in the Raleigh Area is Sweet Memories Bakery - they are featured on the food channel's cupcake challenge, and have outstanding work.

There are quite a few out there, so make sure you do some tasting!  It's the most fun part about picking your wedding cake!!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a copy/paste of my post a while ago in the NC Raleigh/Durham board.  I had done some research for my own good and felt like posting it for anyone else needing help finding cake bakeries in the area.

Daisy Cakes (located in Durham, NC) 
    This is the pastry chef from the Washington Duke Inn and her husband -- FANTASTIC cupcakes and really beautiful cakes. 

Carolina Cake Company (W. Main Street, Durham) 
    This is the "cake lady" delivery truck you'll see around Duke.  Great delivery services, good prices for those looking for a simple cake ($3 per person to $4.50 per person, plus delivery fees, etc.  All on website)

Sugarland - Franklin Street, Chapel Hill
    This is a really cute bakery shop in Chapel Hill.  Tons of great photos on their website as inspiration.  

Mad Hatter Bakeshop (W. Main St, Durham)
    This is a really great place that has a lot of variety of services, catering, etc.  They also have some awesome cupcakes and do wedding cakes to your style (tiers, sheet cakes, cupcakes, etc.).  

Sweet Memories Bakery (W. Williams St, Apex NC - just outside Raleigh)
    They're actually so good that they're competing on a Food Network "Challenge" that will be aired on Sunday Nov 7 (2010) at 8pm.  Very successful shop, I'd suggest contacting them at LEAST 6 months out from your wedding.  Website suggests anywhere from 3 mo to 1 year, but it also says to contact them as soon as you can because they fill up FAST during wedding season. 

Traveling Cake Plate (Durham NC)
    Just found this one through a bridal show website.  Very experienced company, doesn't have a "store" per se, but does operate out of a certified kitchen.  Posts "budget bride" cakes and they are beautiful as well.  Lists a "secret cake" option where you get a small tiered cake for the "ceremonial cutting" but what is served to the guests is actually from the kitchen - sheet cakes, and very well -priced for the bride on a budget. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend either Cinda's Creative Cakes (we are using her..she is so sweet) or Sweet Memories.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Thanks So Much!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Cinda's Creative Cakes as well - she did my best friend's and my sister's...so yummy!!!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Stick Boy Bread Co. out of Fuquay.  They have a great reputation as a bakery, although I have never tasted their cakes.  They did win several blue ribbons at the State Fair :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards