Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

7K? Really?

I have always followed this one photographer's blog in hopes to have them do our wedding when I was engaged. Now that the day has come, I almost had a small heart attack when getting the pricing list. If I were to book, I would have to cut out A LOT to have them. Is it worth paying 7K for one day? The pricing starts at 4K, but I am really interested in know the the average couples pays for good photography. Any recommendations for others in Chicagoland?

Re: 7K? Really?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The price you pay really depends on your budget. Photography is usally about 12% of your total budget. But if you really like this particular photographer see if there are other areas that you could cut cost or get a less expensive package from that photog.

For actual recs, you should check your local board.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    10-15% of your total budget.  $7 might be high for one person, but not so bad for another.  you have to decide what you want and what you can afford.  here in ny/nj the "average" is around $3-5k, but you can get someone off CL for pennies and someone with a fancy name from the city for $15k.  try your local board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards