Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Church in Dallas

We are having our reception near 635/Coit in Dallas, but we have yet to land a church. My fiance grew up Catholic, but his church will not allow us to get married until 7 PM. I grew up Baptist, but we cannot find the church to fit our needs. Does anyone have any help? Many out there are over $1,000 if you are not a member. Others must be lower! We would like non denominational or a chapel that can fit 200 if needed. Please help!

Re: Church in Dallas

• Options
    Unknown092113Unknown092113 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    A friend of mine had her wedding at this Royal Lane Baptist Church or The Branch Church.

• Options
    There are a few Catholic parishes who will let nonmembers marry, but I don't think any of them will let you book any less than 6 months out.

FWIW, Perkins Chapel at SMU holds regular masses, so you can have a Catholic service there.  They have at least three available times for weddings.  I think their rental is $1800, though.

If you're going the nondenominational route, could you not get married at your reception site?  The only person it would present a problem for (from a religious standpoint) is your FI, and that's if he intends to continue practicing Catholicism.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thank ya'll so much. Yes, most of these are over $1800, crazy! Ha... The reception site might be okay, it's just pretty much a big room so I don't know if that is special? We don't mind if it is a Catholic ceremony or not. Thank you for helping, keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    We're getting married at The Heights Baptist Church on 75 & Renner Road in Richardson. Their chapel will hold 300, but they charge $1800 for non-members. It's really hard to find a place in Dallas that isn't that much, but I did see that the Unity Church on Lower Greenville charges $650, with a non-denominational service for up to 200 guests. They have packages as low as $450, and it isn't as hard to get married there (no pre-marriage counseling, specified religious beliefs, etc.).

<a href="http://www.dallasunity.org/weddings-and-commitment-ceremonies" rel="nofollow">http://www.dallasunity.org/weddings-and-commitment-ceremonies</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_church-in-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7b81bedf-f9d7-44d5-97c4-9cbde5b1f54ePost:12302787-64fc-4652-a4fc-c8f767298311">Church in Dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our reception near 635/Coit in Dallas, but we have yet to land a church. My fiance grew up Catholic, but his church will not allow us to get married until 7 PM. I grew up Baptist, but we cannot find the church to fit our needs. Does anyone have any help? Many out there are over $1,000 if you are not a member. Others must be lower! We would like non denominational or a chapel that can fit 200 if needed. Please help!
    Posted by julesmicadams[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We got married at St. Monica's in North Dallas. It was around $1,000 and we were not members, but at least one of you will need to have had your confirmation and you will need to take the pre-marriage class to get the certificate first. They had a lot of openings when we were looking so that was really great.

It may still be undergoing some construction, but I  haven't been to Dallas in about 4 months from Boston. It might be worth checking out if it is important to your fiance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards