Getting in Shape

The 3 days diet !! lose 10 pounds

Check this diet 
they say it makes you lose the water your body carries but who cares :) i wanna lose anything .... 

I am starting it next in Friday... who is in ?!! 

Re: The 3 days diet !! lose 10 pounds

• Crash diets are only a short term "solution"...for sustainable weightloss you need to consider your entire diet and exercise.
  • let the crash diet bashing begin!

Miroo, come back to us when you realize that the best diet is good old fashioned hard work and healthy eating.

that's the BIG secret that no one wants to know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know but i need to lose around 15 pounds before my wedding :S 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_the-3-days-diet-lose-10-pounds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:f99c57b3-7cb1-4007-b125-b908cf544506Post:70b9dd34-eeac-4512-898a-9cd51d4c7220">Re: The 3 days diet !! lose 10 pounds</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know but i need to lose around 15 pounds before my wedding :S 
    Posted by Miroo[/QUOTE]

<div>Why?</div>
  •  :D for nothing but i want this ... i like having my waist smaller and my stomach little flat :/ 
  • Well, have fun gaining it all right back as soon as your 3 days are up.  Note it does not say "3 day diet, and then you keep the weight off forever!!!"

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Is this seriously to lose 10 lbs in 3 days? Impossible. Even if it's close to possible, you will feel awful since you're crash dieting. Try something real and sustainable. It's a lifestyle change, not a 3 day crash.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • YAY! and let's also jump on the raspberry ketone and exlax diet!!!

..............*cricket*..................
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_the-3-days-diet-lose-10-pounds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:f99c57b3-7cb1-4007-b125-b908cf544506Post:3178847c-d8fe-47d1-9934-af99db873d66">Re: The 3 days diet !! lose 10 pounds</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY! and let's also jump on the raspberry ketone and exlax diet!!! ..............*cricket*..................
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>don't those only work if you do one of those bodywraps with it?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>*snort*</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • You're going to feel like garbage. I'd rather feel great and have a little more "pudge"

Especially on my wedding day. If you want your waist smaller/flatter look at what you are eating, decrease sodium intake. Abs start in the kitchen. You can't out exercise a crappy diet. 
  • Sarah5200Sarah5200 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    OP, did you even read the whole article? Because at the end, it tells you exactly why you shouldn't partake in this crazy fad diet.

This is quoted from the link:

What the Experts Say

Make no mistake: the 3 Day Diet is not associated with the prestigious Cleveland Clinic. "There is no such thing as a Cleveland Clinic diet," says Cindy Moore, former director of nutrition therapy at The Cleveland Clinic. "It is an urban legend that is not nutritionally sound, and the only reason it causes weight loss is because it is so low in calories, not because of any food combinations or metabolic reactions."

Following a plan with fewer than 1,000 calories a day concerns Moore. "The plan yields about 1,000 calories a day which has the ability to lower metabolism so when you revert back to normal eating, you regain weight even quicker."

Moore adds that the diet "sets up a vicious cycle of being hungry during the restrictive three days and most likely overeating on the off days."

And the diet is so monotonous, dieters gladly return to their old eating habits. "What good is it to go back to the old habits that caused the weight gain, without resolving weight issues?" asks Moore. "Hands down, the 3 Day Diet is not conducive to changing habits or encouraging a healthier lifestyle, which are fundamental to weight control," she says.

Because the 3 Day Diet is so low in carbohydrates, it's likely the initial weight loss is primarily water weight, as carbohydrate encourages your body to retain water. As soon as the dieter goes back to consuming a normal amount of carbohydrate, the water weight comes back.

I think you should read this at least three more times. I am tired of people finding things on the internet, believing the crazy hype about a diet and thinking that everyone who said how unhealthy it is is lying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Think about it, it's all vegetbale and fruit and lean meats, how unhealthy can that be. Plus, what do we normally eat without this diet, junk food, that will damage our organs and heart, not a diet with fruits and vegetbale. C"MON everyone don't you see the difference in food choices. 
  • There are ways to target areas for quick inch loss that is better than starvation or dehydration type stuff.  It is great when you are trying to fit into a strapless dress.   I do not want to plug anything here, but you can private message me and I will share gladly. 

Like everyone is saying, you want to be HEALTHY for your wedding and honeymoon.  

Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards