Canada
Options

Niagara help!!!!

We will be getting married at the butterfly conservatory with only parents and wedding party (30 people) on august 2nd 2011.
From there we would like to go to a restaurant for a nice dinner, but I'm from 3 hours away and don't know the area, HELP!!!!

Re: Niagara help!!!!

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try one of the wineries at Niagara-on-the-Lake, like Peller or Hillebrand. Very romantic and intimate and amazing food. I think they're both about a 20 min drive away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are a LOT of very nice intimate restaurants in niagara on the lake, you might want to check out. Try looking up NOTL restaurants on urban spoon, they have a great listing there. I have never not enjoyed myself at restaurants in that city.
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you want to do niagara on the lake try vineland, inn on the twenty, hillebrand, strewn, and peller estates. all have beautiful food and nice atmosphere.
  • Options
    apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning my rehearsal dinner in Niagara-on-the-lake at Pillar and Post.  They have some great options for a party of 30 (same size as our RD).  The food is amazing too. They have a beautiful library room with a fireplace that would be perfect.  We are doing ours outside in the rose garden, but the library will serve as our back up plan in case of increment weather.  It's also great bc its a hotel as well, so you or your guests could spen the night if they' dlike.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Lakehouse Restaurant in St. Catharines is also amazing!   It's one of FI's parents favourite restaurants.  It should be less than 30 minutes driving distance.

Though I would also second Pillar and Post, and if you stay there make sure to check out their spa!  The outdoor springs are amazing and the whole area is SO relaxing!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The lakehouse is also one of my faves (Im a local).  They do a prix fixe menu as well as their regular a la carte, and also have a private room upstairs that you can use for small groups.

The Niagara Parks website has information about restaurants close to some of the main attractions.  Queenston Heighs Restaurant is lovely, the food is very good, and the views are unparalleled.  I highly recommend it, and it's a great place for pictures too.  There are also a few more listed on the site, but I haven't been to them.

Pretty well anything in NOTL will be very pretty, but can also be pricey.  I love the area though.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards