New Mexico

Dessert Reception Venue

My FI and I decided to have a night wedding outdoors to take advantage of the gorgeous city lights, however this means the ceremony will start around 9 (our wedding is in August) and we want to have a reception but don't know how to do it??

We'll have about 60 guests and want a champagne and dessert reception since it'll be late and we both have quite the sweet tooth. 

Any ideas of where/how to pull this off? 
Thanks!

Re: Dessert Reception Venue

• achambelachambel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know too much about it, but I know you can rent the top of Sunrise Bank in downtown, which would be perfect for an outdoor/city lights reception. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just checked on the Sunrise Bank and their rental info is below:

Rental fee is $2100, maximum capacity is 150. You can bring in any food or caterer, you have to have a licensed liquor provider picnic their license. Any band or DJ is fine. $2100 includes 16 tables and 128 chairs, clean up and a doorman is included.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much! :) 
  • Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're having a dessert reception too. Would you mind sharing your menu i'm having a block on ideas. Fi nixed my idea for a sundae station, and venue is charging me extra for a candy buffet...

November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we're just in the beginning stages as well but i'm more than happy to share my ideas!!

i'm thinking:
    wedding cake (but chocolate, i insisted)
    chocolate covered strawberries with the champagne toast
    mini plain cheesecakes with a topping bar of sauces and fruits and such
    a fondue fountain (we got engaged after a night at melting pot) with fresh fruits (strawberries and bananas mostly) and brownie bits, and oreo covered marshmallows to dip.

and then i want something less sugary for those who dont share my extreme sweet tooth so i'm thinking like fresh fruit trays and maybe something like fruit pie ish?

hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a dessert reception in March, and my caterer advised me to have a few more substantial items for those who will inevitablely NOT read the invitation (which clearly states it's a dessert and cockatil reception) or just forget and be really hungry.  We're having bread and cheese and spanikopita.  I think it's probably wise, especially if you're serving alcohol -- you don't want people getting trashed!

The other things we're having are chocolate truffles, chambord ganache, cheesecakes, fruit tarts, cannolis and red velvet wedding cupcakes.  My mother is also making Italian wedding cookies since I'm Italian.

I had lots of other ideas while planning, too, so here are some of them: brownies, tiramisu/parfaits, and eclairs.  And for peole who don't like sweets, try banana bread, lemon bars, or carrot cake.  Arrangements of fresh seasonal fruit are good, too, for people watching their figures, and look great, too!

Hope this helps!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards