Pre-wedding Parties

Your bachelorette party ideas?

My MOH has been asking me what I'd like to do for my bachelorette party or at least give her some ideas.  I'm really at a loss though.  I'll be near 40 when I get married next year, and I have never been a big drinker so the traditional party doesn't appeal to me at all.  I am having trouble thinking of alternatives that sound fun though.  I have looked at suggestions on the knot, but I don't see anything I like.  What are you planning to do?  Most of my maids have very limited budgets so I am trying to keep cost in mind as well.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Your bachelorette party ideas?

• You could just go out to dinner with your WP.  It doesn't have to get crazy by any means.

• I know someone who did a japanese tea party, and someone else who did one Alice in Wonderland style. I thought those were cute alternatives. My cousin had a spa party for hers. We picked out our services from the menu (and got a 15% discount for being a group) and did what we wanted. THey had a private room in the back for us, so her mom did sandwiches, snacks & mimosas while we waited and chatted between services.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's a lot you could do: an in-home movie night or "spa" night; a wine-tasting at a local vineyard; a group outing to a comedy show or night at a local/regional theater.  I did drinks out with my MOH and BM and then we rented a movie and had a sleep over.  It was tame - but exactly what I wanted.
    Anniversary

• ~ Spa day

~ Beach weekend with the girls

~ Interactive dinner such as hibachi or fondue

~ Sports event such as MLB baseball game or NFL game (girls enjoy this too!)

~ Wine tastings (I know you're not a big drinker, but tastings are a lot of fun if you have a wine trail near you)

~ Attend a concert

~ Spend the day or night at a nice resort and use their pool, spa facilities, etc..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards