Florida-North Florida

Beach Wedding Advice

Hi everyone:

I recently got engaged and my fiance and I have decided that we want to have a beach wedding in the Santa Rosa Beach/Destin area. We want a very small ceremony and reception, probably less than 30 people total. We are trying to keep a pretty tight budget. We would like a ceremony on the beach and then a small outdoor reception. We have found a couple of beach houses but several of them you have to rent for a full week and many of my friends/family have mentioned that they would prefer to stay elsewhere since there are other hotels that are cheaper than splitting up the cost of the beach house. Does anyone have any reccomendations as to how I can have a small beach wedding and still keep it affordable?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Re: Beach Wedding Advice

• You can stay in the hotel and hire an officiant to preform the wedding on the beach. Here in Saint Augustine, there are several officiants who will bring chairs, silk flower set ups and the like for a set price. They typically very affordable and cost less than what you would have spent on the beach house for a week. Just look for officiants, and see if any of them offer this.
  • Hello!  I'm also just beginning my planning in the Santa Rosa and Destin area and am also from St. Louis.  My fiance and I are also looking for something small and affordable, so I will keep you posted on any information I find.   Congratulations and good luck!
    Leah

In Response to <a href="http://destin.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_beach-wedding-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:1e595412-0b45-4f0f-a9b1-511bdcf546cfPost:abc4ce94-dc31-47b5-a7c9-ff265dff041e">Beach Wedding Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone: I recently got engaged and my fiance and I have decided that we want to have a beach wedding in the Santa Rosa Beach/Destin area. We want a very small ceremony and reception, probably less than 30 people total. We are trying to keep a pretty tight budget. We would like a ceremony on the beach and then a small outdoor reception. We have found a couple of beach houses but several of them you have to rent for a full week and many of my friends/family have mentioned that they would prefer to stay elsewhere since there are other hotels that are cheaper than splitting up the cost of the beach house. Does anyone have any reccomendations as to how I can have a small beach wedding and still keep it affordable? Any advice is much appreciated :)! 
    Posted by clmeyer27[/QUOTE]
  • Leah:

That is very ironic! I have been looking for about 2 weeks now and I am having so much trouble finding something that will work. Everything seems so expensive and just doesn't fit the small wedding we are trying to have. Have you made any progress?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_beach-wedding-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:1e595412-0b45-4f0f-a9b1-511bdcf546cfPost:7277ba10-e1ed-461d-8082-d9a5518bdd8e">Re: Beach Wedding Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leah: That is very ironic! I have been looking for about 2 weeks now and I am having so much trouble finding something that will work. Everything seems so expensive and just doesn't fit the small wedding we are trying to have. Have you made any progress?
    Posted by clmeyer27[/QUOTE]

<div>My head has been spinning, spending hours every day trying to find the right beach location, reception, photographer, etc.  My fiance and I are planning a trip next month to scout out some places.  I will keep you posted with anything we find!  In the mean time, I'll keep looking and share anything I come across.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck!</div><div>
    </div><div>Leah :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards